Summit Climber Upgrades

crucible02

I love to see and hear what other hunters have done to upgrade their hunting gear, especially their hunting stands. My aim is always for increased efficiency, comfort and safety.

I’ve had this Summit Blade (discontinued version of the Viper that folds down flat) for about 10 years. I love this stand and have continued to change and tweak things over the years. The best changes I’ve made from factory are:

• Hazmore seat
• Third Hand Archery Bow Hanger
• Third Hand Archery Stabilizer Straps
• Grip tape to the platform channels
• Pipe insulation wrapped with electrical tape
• Nite Ize Twist tie with hook
• Paracord loop with Nite Ize S Biner
• Backpack straps with hip belt (stolen off an old frame pack I never use)

What are some of your favorite “upgrades” for your Summit (or other) climbing stands?

BAAC0DB4-8AC3-4DED-9F0A-B1B3527AA81C.jpeg
FD2574F8-3528-43EC-B34A-3A5062C26C72.jpeg
4AA2C4C4-C612-4BDD-A22B-9548961A53FC.jpeg
D21C4F7A-EBEB-4E9B-8DB2-4477E0045EDD.jpeg

1982ace

Just Bought the Hazmore seat and the the stabilizer straps. Also the little triangle shaped back rest. Haven’t tried it out yet though. I have an old python that I’ve had for close to twenty years. Think I’ve replaced the cables a few times and a paint job. Been a good stand

M80

Useles Billy’s Spiritual Counselor
Been using those straps for a few years now with my summit. Sure is a game changer.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That seat looks comfy! Good looking stand. When I had and used a climber. I had a green beenie zip tied to the front rail. It was a quiet pouch to put stuff in, like grunt call, water etc….
I’ve also become a big fan of vet tape and wrap everything with it now a days. First time I bought some, I accidentally bought a dozen rolls off eBay AND a dozen off Amazon (forgot the first purchase). That was at the beginning of deer season and it’s all gon…..got another dozen on the way!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I just ordered the hazemore seat and back rest for 1 of my summits. Can't wait to try it out

chrislibby88

Why would they get rid of the blade??? The ONLY reason I don’t have a summit is because the don’t break down flat.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Why would they get rid of the blade??? The ONLY reason I don’t have a summit is because the don’t break down flat.
I still have a bullet backpacker..... Still my go to. And honestly, it costs them probably about 10 more dollars to make than the regular viper.

jimmy.444

I cut a piece of 1 1/2” or so of pvc pipe about an inch long then cut a section out of it to make a “c”. I then use a couple tie wraps and some electrical tape and attach them to the gun rest of my summits. I lay my rifle or crossbow across them to give me some room and free up my hands but at the same time the rifle or crossbow is right there. You can see attached to the gun rest on my titan with red electrical tape if you blow the pic up a little. I also have these on a couple ladder stands as well

Attachments

• B617E298-BD90-45BF-93D2-DF6A54E0E8A2.jpeg
    B617E298-BD90-45BF-93D2-DF6A54E0E8A2.jpeg
    459.1 KB · Views: 187

crucible02

I cut a piece of 1 1/2” or so of pvc pipe about an inch long then cut a section out of it to make a “c”. I then use a couple tie wraps and some electrical tape and attach them to the gun rest of my summits. I lay my rifle or crossbow across them to give me some room and free up my hands but at the same time the rifle or crossbow is right there. You can see attached to the gun rest on my titan with red electrical tape if you blow the pic up a little. I also have these on a couple ladder stands as well

That’s pretty sweet! I’ve been trying to figure out how to put some kind of rifle rest on my like those handle bar rifle holders on four-wheelers.

1982ace

Here’s mine after I put the seat and backrest on. Also the stabilizer straps are great. Really impressed on how stable it makes the stand when you cinch them down DB3CE0CC-21B7-4D8D-A2F9-5287D22CDF3C.png

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
pair of side bags or one front bag.

Very handy and helps block some movement
Surprisingly comfy! May end up with 2 more when the summit seats wear out

buckpasser

Here’s mine after I put the seat and backrest on. Also the stabilizer straps are great. Really impressed on how stable it makes the stand when you cinch them down View attachment 1119261

That’s my model summit as well. I love that thing and sure wish I could get another one.