Summit Climber Upgrades

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I got quiet a few tricks done on mine. I'll show them if I can get around to getting some pictures

1982ace

Is that a footrest that extends down from the upper portion?
Yes, also is a shooting rail that locks up with pins. I usually leave it down in the footrest position. Bout like sitting in a recliner. Shoot propped up on my knee. It’s a discontinued python model.

Gbr5pb

Got the hazemore seat and backrest on going to try it out in the morning. Does set higher

GregoryB.

20211204_084206.jpg

I added these bags to each side of my climber. Holds everything I need from my harness to my knife and tags plus Snivel Gear. I also added pipe insulation to all the bars on the upper climber then wrapped it in camo tape, also wrapped the foot rest. It cuts down a lot of noise. Added a old wrist watch to the rail so I don't have to gig my phone out to check the time.

Sixes

View attachment 1121184

I added these bags to each side of my climber. Holds everything I need from my harness to my knife and tags plus Snivel Gear. I also added pipe insulation to all the bars on the upper climber then wrapped it in camo tape, also wrapped the foot rest. It cuts down a lot of noise. Added a old wrist watch to the rail so I don't have to gig my phone out to check the time.
All sounds good, but I had to chuckle about the wrist watch, why not just wear it on your wrist?:love:

Fishin & Hunting

I made a blind that fits around the front bar of my summitt Goliath. I added large pockets on the inside (front and right side) so I can store things while in the stand. Makes it nice when you are playing with your phone and a deer steps out. You can set it in one of the pockets without any visible movement shown. They give me a place to put my phone, game calls, gloves, and other things I have out.

I also added a very thin industrial belt down on the foot platform. It keeps me quieter by muffling my sole noise.

I also have the footrest and security straps. Only problem with the security straps is that you get used to the security, but then you forget to tighten them down and have an O sh*t moment. But the straps also let you carry extra clothing in strapped to your stand.

Ugahunter2013

I put some 3M non slip tape on the bottom section. Makes a world of difference when you are getting in and your boots are wet, or especially when there is ice/frost on it. In my opinion that the best upgrade I have made! If you buy some, look for the tape that has almost a sandpaper finish. I noticed some for sale at Home Depot that had a rigid feel but the finish was not rough or sandpaper like. Don't think it would work as well.
3M Safety-Walk Black Step and Ladder Tread Tape 2 in. W X 15 ft. L 1 pk - Ace Hardware

I also put some foam insulation pipe wrap on the "V" behind the back rest and also on the sides of the top portion so when I lay my rifle down I don't scratch it. Probably could fancy it up with camo duct tape, but for now it's a mix of electrical tape and standard duct tape.

I recently replaced my seat with one of the summit seats they sell by themselves. It is way more comfortable than the ones that came with the climber.

I have used the strap on "carrying bag" before. A buddy has a few. They are nice to store extra stuff in (grunt call, phone, snacks, drink, bino's etc. )

I also have the "adjustable shooting rail", but it is junk in my opinion. I had the "plastic wing nut" fastener strip out a few months after I bought it. I called Summit to get a replacement part and the lady told me I was SOL. I asked to speak to someone else with more sense and luckily he sent me another. It worked...for a little while. Stripped out again this year so I replaced it with a metal wing nut. It works better, but to me (i'm 6' 3") the rest is just too small and gets in the way. I don't use it most of the time. I leave my rifle resting on the top rail and if there is a situation where I need to make a shot really fast, it allows me to do that,,,instead of having to reach over/around the shooting rail...especially on shots that are not far away and don't require a steady rest.

I use the Summit Viper by the way.

Last edited:

alwayslookin

13 year old Viper, just replaced the cables.

Grip tape on bottom
3rd hand bow holder
Molle back pack straps with kidney belt

Tried the Hazmore seat but the original seat is so much more comfortable.

Did put some tape in a few places to make it quieter when packing/unpacking.

Also, I have a camera arm mount...didn't use the camera much but now I hang my backpack from it so it is right there in front of me on top rail...it's just a sturdy little hook basically.

Guys seem to really like the stabilizer straps from 3rd hand but I just use a gator strap to attach the top section when done climbing up. Also have both sections tied together with a 6' or so section of rope, wear a harness and stay tied in to tree as I climb (slide attach rope up tree as I climb up/down). Feel safe all the way up and down that way.

I also have an Open Shot with the Molle system and a bow holder, it's lighter for longer hikes on public.

Fishin & Hunting

I took off the new zipper cushions on the handrail of my 4 year old Summitt and put on the old cushion off my old Summitt. It covers the entire handrail and helps protect my gun and reduce metal on metal noise.

Alwayslooking, the stabilizer straps help keep the top part of the stand secure when you are leaning out beyond what you should. They are made by several different companies. But you may already know this and I just read your post wrong.

NickDeer

13 year old Viper, just replaced the cables.

Grip tape on bottom
3rd hand bow holder
Molle back pack straps with kidney belt

Tried the Hazmore seat but the original seat is so much more comfortable.

Did put some tape in a few places to make it quieter when packing/unpacking.

Also, I have a camera arm mount...didn't use the camera much but now I hang my backpack from it so it is right there in front of me on top rail...it's just a sturdy little hook basically.

Guys seem to really like the stabilizer straps from 3rd hand but I just use a gator strap to attach the top section when done climbing up. Also have both sections tied together with a 6' or so section of rope, wear a harness and stay tied in to tree as I climb (slide attach rope up tree as I climb up/down). Feel safe all the way up and down that way.

I also have an Open Shot with the Molle system and a bow holder, it's lighter for longer hikes on public.
What kind of camera arm you have on it?