Super bowl ticket prices

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Looked just now on stub hub. One ticket is like $6,000 and up. Who on earth pays that kind of money and how ?

DannyW

Looked just now on stub hub. One ticket is like $6,000 and up. Who on earth pays that kind of money and how ?

The same people who pay $2,000 for Master's daily passes. I dang near had to call 911 the first time I passed on Master's tickets.

poohbear

Yeah I was looking at tickets for this year Dawgs cupcake games are $175 and up guess I will have to keep listening on radio and TV. Got some grandsons I would like for them to experience the live game but a little over budget.

pjciii

Yeah I was looking at tickets for this year Dawgs cupcake games are $175 and up guess I will have to keep listening on radio and TV. Got some grandsons I would like for them to experience the live game but a little over budget.

PB That is one of the things in life you need to extend you limit for them to experience. I certainly Would not pay that for the Falcons. College football, fall in the air, walking around the tailgating and then going into the stadium.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator

We have several friends with season tickets and can usually pick up cupcake tickets for face value. Would rather watch on TV at home with the family.

poohbear

Yeah I have been a few games have a friend that gets season tickets just wanted to take my family. I know you can see better on tv but being at the game is different. Like being at the races you just feel those engines nothing you see on tv can bring that.

GTMODawg

BANNED
What were the prices for UGA- Bama?

We bought 4 in a corner, upper deck, about 2/3 of the way up, on the UGA side for $405 each including fees. Very cheap considering. We paid $1200 a piece for Rose Bowl tickets and I sold our SEC CG tickets this year for $1600 a piece for comparison. Lucas Oil Stadium wasn't full either...two entire sections, in the endzone corners but lower than us, were notably vacant. Game was sold out but many tickets on the secondary market went unsold on the exchanges. There were blocks of empty seats in most sections. Not a bunch....I'd guess it was 95% occupancy, but noticeable. Game was sold out but no shows were more than most games. Also a smaller than normal TV audience. Indy was a HARD sell.....and UGA/Bama was not a big TV draw as it might have been....

GTMODawg

BANNED
Yeah I have been a few games have a friend that gets season tickets just wanted to take my family. I know you can see better on tv but being at the game is different. Like being at the races you just feel those engines nothing you see on tv can bring that.

It has gotten CRAZY and it is not good for the game, IMHO. It used to be that even UK and Vandy games were affordable for young famiies....even those tickets are over $100 piece now. In all sincerity though if you find a rent a win game that works with your schedule and start posting around the first of August that you'd like to take the family I would bet that someone will sell you some tickets for face value or less. There are 2 sections of the upper deck of Sanford Stadium (610 and 611) which are only occupied during prime games.....and almost devoid of people during even UK and Vandy games. I think those sections may be visiting team over run tickets or faculty and staff because those 2 sections are noticeably empty during all but big time SEC games or big OOC games. It was only about 10 years or so ago that you could buy tickets in those 2 sections for $20 or less on game day and they would fill up....but they are usually pretty empty now. If you are really want to take some young kids dress them up in the proper attire and ask everyone you see if they have any spares. Even today it is entirely possible that you can get 4 or 5 individual tickets for nothing. They won't be together but it is pretty common. Then go to 610 0r 611 with your group and just find some seats...chances are no one will complain and if they do chances are good there will be more to choose from. With electronic tickets this is harder to do than it used to be but it is still possible....they just text or email a link and it is easy peasy lemon squeezy....

GTMODawg

BANNED
We have several friends with season tickets and can usually pick up cupcake tickets for face value. Would rather watch on TV at home with the family.

I have 4 season tickets but we usually only go to 3-4 games a year in Athens. Too much work every weekend. We have had them since 1992 so they sell pretty quick on the exchange and it is AMAZING how much more they are worth in the last 10 years than they were in the previous 19! The exhanges have made it FAR easier for fans to PLAN to come go to the game. Back in the dark ages it might require a trip to Athens to sell them and if you are in town anyway you might was well go to the game...but ours are usually bought a couple of weeks in advance and even with rent a win games they are gone by Thursday or so. The cost of convenience is worth it to many folks....and having time to properly plan game day with tailgating etc is a big part of the experience....going at the last second is good for the wallet but it is not the same as cooking breakfast on a coleman stove with bloody mary's for a 330 kick!

poohbear

I have 4 season tickets but we usually only go to 3-4 games a year in Athens. Too much work every weekend. We have had them since 1992 so they sell pretty quick on the exchange and it is AMAZING how much more they are worth in the last 10 years than they were in the previous 19! The exhanges have made it FAR easier for fans to PLAN to come go to the game. Back in the dark ages it might require a trip to Athens to sell them and if you are in town anyway you might was well go to the game...but ours are usually bought a couple of weeks in advance and even with rent a win games they are gone by Thursday or so. The cost of convenience is worth it to many folks....and having time to properly plan game day with tailgating etc is a big part of the experience....going at the last second is good for the wallet but it is not the same as cooking breakfast on a coleman stove with bloody mary's for a 330 kick!
Thanks for the info I’ll have to keep my eyes open this year and see what I find