Superstitions?

Handgunner

After reading Tim's post about "collard greens and black-eyed peas" I was wondering, what other superstitions do you follow on New Years Day? Besides the "partaking of forbidden juices"? :D

I personallly think it's bad luck to be superstitious, but anyhoo, this is what happens around here.

No cleaning or taking out the garbage, no washing clothes or sweeping, the usual greens and peas, and some more I guess...

Other than that, what other things are you superstitious about? Black cats crossing the road? stepping on a crack? Full Moons? Numbers?

QuakerBoy

On New Years Day I make it a tradition to lie on the bathroom floor next to the toilet till about 2:30

by that time I'm bout ready to get up and try and eat something :yeah:

H

HT2

Rich.......

rpaul11 said:
On New Years Day I make it a tradition to lie on the bathroom floor next to the toilet till about 2:30

by that time I'm bout ready to get up and try and eat something :yeah:

ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

When you do finally get up off the floor and you feel really thirsty.......Don't drink a big 'ol glass of Orange Juice........If you do......It's comin' right back up!!!!!!!!!!!!! :speechles :speechles :speechles

I speak from experience...... :eek: :eek: :eek:

QuakerBoy

so...ya been there eh Tim....

nothing like the feel of that cold ceramic tile on yer face ::ke:

H

HT2

Rich.....

Unfortunately "YES"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, boy does it hurt....... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Not a good feelin'!!!!!!!!!!!

AT ALL!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused:

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
Is that where you chew your arm off rather than waking the beauty you went home with???

Robert

QuakerBoy

andy....isn't that when ya wake up in the morning she's layinon yer arm and ya gotta chew it off to get away?? :D

Handgunner

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder....... :D

Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is to the bone!

H

HT2

Jimbo......

I hear ya bud.......

I've never had to "knaw" my arm off, but I'm willin' to take one for the team......

Maybe?????? :speechles :speechles :speechles

BTW......

What are them Illinois women like????

You reckon they might like a good 'ol southern man???? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

cowboyron

Dang and ya'll want to do that again on Sat. morn. Just reading ya'lls post make me glad i gave it up 16 yrs ago. I don't miss that at all. Thanks for the reminder.....I'll stick to the sweet tea.
Hey ya'll have a good time hugg'un up on that Ol'porcelain throne.
:yeah:

sniper13

Dark Forms coming at me!!!

:eek:
My work sometimes takes me to Auburn Ave and Cleveland Ave in Atlanta, mostly at night.
When coming out of a bulding, it is my superstion that if more than 3 dark forms come out of the shadows, I must "double tap" at least the closest two, or the others won't run away.
;) I REALLY believe than one.