Support your local tractor tire dealer...

swamp hunter

I don,t run over Sheds but I do drive across a lot of Logger Loadng Docks with thousands of cut limbs and pieces of trees. Constant sidewall punchers.
I finally got some Kevlar Belted tires and that was the end of that.
I think you could shoot them with a rifle and they,d still get you home.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That’s a lucky find twofold!

sleepr71

Ever hit one with a Hay Cutter!? I have & it’s ugly. Ruined 4 cutter blades & sent bone fragments all through the front curtain? That said...I’d rather that happen than catch it with the Baler..Holy carp what an (expensive)mess.

jbogg

I remember talking with one of my GON buddies a couple years ago about shed hunting. I think I wondered out loud why there were so many sheds found in food plots and fields. I mean there are no trees or branches to help knock them off. He said that in early spring the deer will spend much of their time feeding in the plots before everything else greens up. When they feed in the rain they will shake the water off vigorously just like a wet dog. The torque produced by that action will pop them off right where they stand. I had never considered that, but it makes perfect sense.

Jim Boyd

I think I wondered out loud why there were so many sheds found in food plots and fields. I mean there are no trees or branches to help knock them off.

I’m thinking that in many instances, the act of browsing, biting off the vegetation, picking the head up rapidly to look around, etc - all contribute to the antlers in the field.

The other thing to consider is that the antlers are gonna fall off somewhere - and the ones in the field are spotted so much more easily.

Also the tires can “find” them in the field!!