Surf fishing

Fatback1

Historically speaking, the peak of the fall Redfish run for Tybee is normally around the third weekend of October. So, your chances are good.

Tides. My experience in catching Redfish from the surf is the water just has to be moving, either outgoing or incoming. At the top and bottom of the tide when the water is slack the fish have a harder time locating your bait.

Time of day. I have got them at all times of the day and all times of the night. I don't think it matters much. You know, they eat when they are hungry and they don't have a watch.

Location. They run in groups up and down the beach and beach front. If you wait long enough, they will find you. If your lucky they will be in the spot you choose fish, if not, gotta wait for them.

Don't over think it just go fish and enjoy the day.

Historically speaking, the peak of the fall Redfish run for Tybee is normally around the third weekend of October. So, your chances are good.

Tides. My experience in catching Redfish from the surf is the water just has to be moving, either outgoing or incoming. At the top and bottom of the tide when the water is slack the fish have a harder time locating your bait.

Time of day. I have got them at all times of the day and all times of the night. I don't think it matters much. You know, they eat when they are hungry and they don't have a watch.

Location. They run in groups up and down the beach and beach front. If you wait long enough, they will find you. If your lucky they will be in the spot you choose fish, if not, gotta wait for them.

Well we hooked one! And man was it big! Never saw it though because it broke us off on the jetty. Fish bent the rod in half when it hit and knocked the sandspike down! First run peeled drag for a solid minute. I handed the rod to my buddy so he could fight the fish but it got the best of him. I guess bull reds aren't the best way to teach a rookie how to fight a fish, oh well. It was slow before that bite and slow after, a few small bluefish and whiting, one bonnethead.

I'm taking off from work next Thursday 11/3 and fishing sunrise to around 4pm. I gotta land one of these powerful fish! Thanks for the tips!

Well we hooked one! And man was it big! Never saw it though because it broke us off on the jetty. Fish bent the rod in half when it hit and knocked the sandspike down! First run peeled drag for a solid minute. I handed the rod to my buddy so he could fight the fish but it got the best of him. I guess bull reds aren't the best way to teach a rookie how to fight a fish, oh well. It was slow before that bite and slow after, a few small bluefish and whiting, one bonnethead.

I'm taking off from work next Thursday 11/3 and fishing sunrise to around 4pm. I gotta land one of these powerful fish! Thanks for the tips!