Suspect in disturbance at Missouri Walmart says he was testing 2nd Amendment rights

Where did I say it was illegal? Oh that's right, I didn't. What I said was you in body armor walking into a Walmarks with your AR in the ready position is cause for alarm and that's because it is. It doesn't matter whether it's legal or not. It is cause for alarm because it's way out of the ordinary. Prudence dictates one have situational awareness at all times and be prepared to take evasive and extreme self defense measures should the need arise. Included in that is threat recognition and assessment.
Yep. I own several ARs and other similar "scary" rifles. I have never felt the need to strap one over my shoulder and walk into Walmart. That's just stupid and serves no purpose except to scare people. I do have a Glock 23 concealed inside my waistband every time I walk into Walmart or anywhere else.

BobbyG

ANTI-AMERICAN
Yes, the NFA is an infringement on the 2A per se and that is not my "interpretation" of the 2A. It's the statement of the people who wrote and ratified the Constitution. When it comes to "interpretations" your argument is with them, not me. I have a clear understanding of what they meant by the 2A because I have read the entire contemporaneous record of what they said the 2A means when they passed it and I am content with its' actual meaning, the same as I am content with what they said the rest of the Constitution meant.

Convicted felons lose many of their civil rights permanently in all 50 states. It is possible for their rights to be restored via a pardon. I believe their rights should be restored after they have served their time in jail. I also believe most jail sentences for felonies aren't nearly long enough. Felonies committed against property should be 10 years minimum, no parole. Felonies committed against people should be 20 years minimum, no parole. Two time losers, double the jail time the second time around.
And yet the restrictions remain. Seems your argument is not with me.

BobbyG

ANTI-AMERICAN
Where did I say it was illegal? Oh that's right, I didn't. What I said was you in body armor walking into a Walmarks with your AR in the ready position is cause for alarm and that's because it is. It doesn't matter whether it's legal or not. It is cause for alarm because it's way out of the ordinary. Prudence dictates one have situational awareness at all times and be prepared to take evasive and extreme self defense measures should the need arise. Included in that is threat recognition and assessment.
So if it’s legal, why call 911?

PopPop

So the manner in which one is carrying, even if not pointing directly at another person, can be cause for alarm? If one has the right to bear arms without infringement, how is the carry arms position illegal?
Dumb question. The guy was stupid, not criminal. I guess I'd be ok with making stupid a crime, across the board.

BobbyG

ANTI-AMERICAN
I just know you have a point to make somewhere. What could it be?
If we all recognize that some manner of carry reasonably causes alarm, why not prohibit it? Or does the 2A not allow it? You seem to recognize some infringement is allowed, just a question of where to draw the line.

So if it’s legal, why call 911?
Because I profile people based on their appearance and I have a good bead on what people look like who are up to no good. If I see a guy walking into Walmarks in body armor with an AR-15 carried in the ready position with a magazine inserted into the magazine well with the breech cover in the open position I'm betting he's up to no good. How 'bout you?

If we all recognize that some manner of carry reasonably causes alarm, why not prohibit it? Or does the 2A not allow it? You seem to recognize some infringement is allowed, just a question of where to draw the line.
The 2A says keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. There is no line to be drawn unless we're talking about private property - i.e. Walmarks. If they don't want anybody carrying guns on their property they have a right to restrict it.

So some infringement is allowed, the 2A not withstanding?
Your posts here alarm me.
Does that mean that you should be stopped from posting?

BobbyG

ANTI-AMERICAN
Because I profile people based on their appearance and I have a good bead on what people look like who are up to no good. If I see a guy walking into Walmarks in body armor with an AR-15 carried in the ready position with a magazine inserted into the magazine well with the breech cover in the open position I'm betting he's up to no good. How 'bout you?

The 2A says keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. There is no line to be drawn unless we're talking about private property - i.e. Walmarks. If they don't want anybody carrying guns on their property they have a right to restrict it.
So it comes down to citizens “with a good bead”? Seems a rather nebulous standard concerning what is purported to be an unambiguous 2A.

PopPop

So some infringement is allowed, the 2A not withstanding?
Is it not possible for you to see that his actions, justified certain reactions, limited in scope to himself, at that time, based on his unusual behavior in a public space, none of which invalidate the 2A?

You sure like to analyze things to the extreme.
Your the guy that never shot a Buck because you're still trying to scout him out....all season.
Sometimes you take what you got and roll with it.
Don't Look Right..Most likely isn't but I'll give the benefit of the doubt..and keep an eye on you..analyzing you actions.

You sure like to analyze things to the extreme.
Your the guy that never shot a Buck because you're still trying to scout him out....all season.
Sometimes you take what you got and roll with it.
Don't Look Right..Most likely isn't but I'll give the benefit of the doubt..and keep an eye on you..analyzing you actions.
More like the guy who never shot a buck because he doesn't hunt. 300 posts on a great hunting and fishing form, every one of them in the politics section.....