Suspect in disturbance at Missouri Walmart says he was testing 2nd Amendment rights

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
I feel a holstered fire arm and dress regular. Most I see like this out there have family with them.
I seen a older guy (prolly 65+) in Taco Bell earlier this year with a gun on his side wearing a Vietnam Vet hat, I walked up to him said thank you for your service and went and had lunch with my wife!
Open carry doesn’t bother me!

BobbyG

ANTI-AMERICAN
I wasn't there with or without my family, I really don't know how I would've reacted.

Again, I'm not making ANY reference to being there with MY family and how I would have reacted. I'm simply making reference to the 2A and the Law as it applies to the State of MO, that's it.

Every thread in this here PF on any infringement on the 2A you guys are adamantly against, but when this young foolish kid exercised his you are against it.

If you can't see your double standard there you are blind.

I'm not condoning what he did, but his Constitutional right and State right to do so.
So should the fireman be charged?

Rackmaster

Your either for the Laws or against them.
Well I guess I’m against open carry of a AR in Walmart, Taco Bell, or Applebee’s if you can afford a AR & body armor you can afford a pistol to keep on your side!

All a AR will do is cause a PANIC and get someone killed or hurt whether they mean well or not!

So if that makes me against it or a Liberal I can live with it better than being DEAD!

I seen a older guy (prolly 65+) in Taco Bell earlier this year with a gun on his side wearing a Vietnam Vet hat, I walked up to him said thank you for your service and went and had lunch with my wife!
Open carry doesn’t bother me!

Rack, honest question....open carry with a handgun doesn't bother you, but long gun does?

26 States allow it without a permit - 6 allow it with a permit, so 32 states allow it, and there's several more that allow it with restrictions.

Nevermind, I see your post above, thanks.

And, y'all would be surprised at how many States allow it with NO age limit.

Sadly... the kid could probably have legally shot the fireman in self defense. Think about it, was his life in danger ? An unknown drawing a bead on you.

That would've been the ultimate test of the both the 2A and self defense.

So how do you distinguish a bad guy with a gun from a good one? Unless, of course, one opens fire? One guy is exercising his 2A rights, and one is protecting the public.

In my mind, a guy walking around with a gun(not in hand) in the open is legal. A guy while shooting or pointing his gun, or running, is not.

The people in El paso were just very unlucky and were confronted by a lunatic with a weapon with the intent to kill at random.

Somebody's got to ask, so other than being STOOPID what Law did he break? How is open carrying any of the weapons on him become "making terroristic threats" in an open carry State?

Yes, it was absolutely foolish, but I'm asking about the legality based on the Law there in MO. Is that particular Walmart a NO Gun Zone? I didn't see anything in the article about it.

"Since January 2017, Missouri has not required a permit to openly or conceal carry a firearm for those 19 years or older."

"Roughly 30 states allow the open carrying of handguns and rifles and shotguns in public without a permit."
Well you see that’s it about the 2nd amendment. It shouldn’t have to be tested. I’m fact that dude shouldn’t have been the only dude walking around open packing.

So much so that it doesn’t raise an eyebrow. Yet most of the comments in this thread is of how this guy wasn’t smart when what we should be saying is isn’t it a shame that firearms being carried openly has a stigma attached to it.

This stigma is an intentional manifestation of the lefts goals and I would argue that it has been their most successful step in eliminating the 2nd amendment.

I’ll take it a step further. Many of these mass shootings can be laid at the feet of the left because had they not created this irrational fear of open carry these unhinged morons would have been stopped in their tracks quick. The left has a whole lot of blood on their hands.

In my mind, a guy walking around with a gun(not in hand) in the open is legal. A guy while shooting or pointing his gun, or running, is not.

The people in El paso were just very unlucky and were confronted by a lunatic with a weapon with the intent to kill at random.
and thats the reason our 2A is being attacked from all sides and there is not a lot none of us can do about.

I suggest all of us be mind full of how we carry now....

So your in there with wife and child. How do u react to his open carry after what just happened.
Finish your shopping or find a exit.
You go first, what would you do?

Slippery slope......they charge him with terrorist acts and such....because he made people uncomfortable? How long before open carry pistol makes people uncomfortable? Likely a felony charge. Wasn't long ago police were asked to leave a starbucks because people felt uncomfortable with them there. Id likely say he needs to be charged with something....a lessor disturbing the peace charge or something. I mean that is just not normal behavior.....Id never even expect to see law enforcement walk in someplace with a long gun strapped on unless they was excepting trouble RIGHT then. IF cops walked in looking like that....Id imagine customers would CLEAR out as well. Did he break the law......not really....but any reasonable person would know that would start trouble and was just a dumb thing to do and would create a problem.

Rackmaster

Rack, honest question....open carry with a handgun doesn't bother you, but long gun does?

26 States allow it without a permit - 6 allow it with a permit, so 32 states allow it, and there's several more that allow it with restrictions.
I don’t care if you own a AR, I don’t care if you own a fully automatic AR, I personally don’t agree with the law banning a fully automatic weapon. All I was saying if you bring a AR into Walmart you are going to cause a PANIC because of all the mass shootings that have occurred over the last decade!

It also gives the people that attack the 2A more juice to go after ALL guns. I personally don’t want to be in Applebee’s when a guy walks in with a AR strapped on, why can’t you just wear a pistol???

I don’t want MY family in Walmart where guys in body armor holding AR’s are walking around because sooner or later some MORON will start shooting and a bunch of innocent people will DIE!

I am PRO 2A and will always fight to defend it but somethings I don’t agree with and this is one of them!
This is the USA not Syria, Iraq, Iran, or Lebanon we don’t have to walk around with assault rifles everywhere we go that is what I don’t want to see in this Country!

Carry a pistol on your side or conceal it, you are not Rambo or the Terminator, and it does NOT make you any less of a man to carry a handgun instead of a AR!