Swallow creek bear

jhood81

Coming up for the Nov rifle season. Some how pulled off turning a weekend mountain getaway with the girlfriend into a bear hunt! Will be coming up from Clarksville everyday and have climbers. Is it best to scout alot and find the best spot to hunt a little or spot and stalk? Only have 2.5 days. I've read alot on here and looking for some tips on just the best roads to enter and start our search on. Also any tips on checking a bear or buck would be greatly appreciated. Never really hunted public or mountain land and have no idea what to expect. Idk if glassing and stalking would be better than trying to find 2 stand locations fairly close together. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

twincedargap

Climbers may be challenging given the lack of straight & narrow trees. I do it, but prefer a saddle set up for its versatility.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I thought Chimney Mtn. road was permanently closed.

The loop that goes from 356 to 356 was open the last time I was there as there are lots of houses on it. The road that branches off and heads up McClure creek that leads to Trey Gap was closed for a while I don't know if it still is or not. Thought about fishing up there soon if it is open,

jhood81

I've got a leveled ram on 33/12.50s will attack angle be a problem? Also what's a saddle setup?

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I've got a leveled ram on 33/12.50s will attack angle be a problem? Also what's a saddle setup?

A saddle is a type of hunting seat you hang on a tree with. It, from what I have been told by people who used them, is that they take some practice and getting used to,

search tree saddles for hunting and look at the videos.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
You can also go up trey mountain rd

Last time I went up there about a mile or so it was rough and was glad my truck had high clearance, Is it still in bad shape or has it been graded?

ripplerider

It's been gated off at Tray gap all year. I was told it was closed permanently. The south side of Tray isn't part of the management area anyway if you're wanting to hunt Swallows creek.

jhood81

Are these roads and boundaries well marked? Also do they have skinning racks at the wma or do i need to bring my gambrel setup?