Swamp run

Hillbilly stalker

We took little Hank to the swamp this evening for a little fun. My future son-n- law asked me “ How far can he hear a squirrel ? Ol Hank had ran down the road about 60 yards and froze. Suddenly he took off like he was shot from a gun. So I started….5,4,3,2,1 treed @ 128 yards. :rockon: . Had the meat. Answered that pretty quick. We treed about 19-20 times best we could count, we killed 12 and had 1/2 dozen get into nests or holes. We had a big time chunking lead and talking smack, turned out to be a good trip. Ol Hank turns 8 this year and I couldn’t begin to tell you how much fun I’ve had with this little fellow. If y’all ain’t never tried it….your really missing out. Hope everybody had a Happy New year.F7CB9FBC-85C4-4AEC-A5A1-9650A8C2073D.jpeg

dslc6487

Don't get no better than this.......squirrel hunted all my life and I am 76 years old. Best squirrel dog I ever had was a 16 lb. long haired feist......got her from a friend when she was about 6 months old.......wild and would not listen to or mind me......lot of hard work training her, but she came around and made a great squirrel dog.........first time I put her in the woods with 6 of my friends, we killed 48 squirrels......she was a squirrel hunting machine.....lived to be 17 years old and hunted the first 15 of them.....Dixie was her name..........had to take her to Vet and have her put down about 2 years ago.......don't tell me that old men don't cry because they do........
had her cremated and she sits on a dresser top in my bedroom.......
when my time comes, she will go in the ground with me......never to be separated again.......if heaven has squirrels, she is one happy dog........