Sweating feet??

Arrow3

Now this is a serious thread...

Im having a bad problem with my feet sweating at work..I bought some new Wolverine steel toe work boots about a month ago...They are making my feet sweat really bad..I work 10 hour shifts and when the day is through my feet are almost raw because they have been so wet..I only wear one pair of dickies work socks..Any suggestions on how to stop this?? Ive tried baby powder but it didn't work...

HELP!!!

tknight

Your boots are not insulated are they? Might try some of the poly socks to help move the moisture out. Did you coat your boots with any oil etc. that might stop them from letting heat escape. Just some thoughts.

H

HT2

Brandon........

I've got Wolverines as well........

Try "2" pairs of socks..........They are still gonna sweat, but it seems to help mine.........Mine sweat purdy bad as well, but with the "2" pairs they don't seem to "rub" as bad.......

H

HT2

Jimbo.......

I never said they "STUNK"!!!!!!!!!!!

They just sweat a whole bunch!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Wool socks should wick the moisture away. 2 pairs might make them sweat more than you already are.

J Ferguson

Ive been wearing Rocky cornstalker /bearclaw boots fer 15 years now (not same pair new pair every year)and thats all I wear no matter what Im doing working ,fishing,huntin or going out fancy and I aint never had my feet sweat or get cold....

Jeff Phillips

Sounds like the boots are made of man made material rather than leather. Buy you some unlined leather boots and they will breath.

Bow Only

Use a drying powder in your boots and on your feet. I prefer the one in the white bottle but I can't remember the name. That will at least decrease moisture and some of the fungal growth that is occuring.

Al33

It's not your boots causing the problem,...

it's caused by pre-wedding jitters. You are fast realizing you are about to be caught in a snare which is causing you to hyperventilate (unconciously) which is causing your body temp to rise. Your feet suffer the most heat because your brain is telling them to move, as in to run like elmo. :bounce:

Jasper

Jim's right. I use unscented stick deodorant on my feet while hunting during cold weather to keep them from sweating. It helps!

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
Brandon..........

be glad......it means ya have excellent circulation.........my feet sweat when it's 10 degrees outside..........but they rarely get cold when huntin'.......try the anti persperant, combined with wick away socks..........hope this helps........ :)

Nick_T

Banned
Dunno what line of work your in but back when I worked for CAT every now and then I would take the air hose with a blower on the end and stick the tip in the top of my boots and pull the trigger. It feals like you've got air conditioned boots on and will dry things out somewhat. It was quite refreshing even though the coolness would only last for a couple of minutes. Don't do this if you haven't been hydrating yourself though, cause your feet will cramp up tighter than a banjo string if your dehydrated.

Nick T

Mrs. Arrow3

Al...

Al33 said:
it's caused by pre-wedding jitters. You are fast realizing you are about to be caught in a snare which is causing you to hyperventilate (unconciously) which is causing your body temp to rise. Your feet suffer the most heat because your brain is telling them to move, as in to run like elmo. :bounce:

I told him that it was really his palms sweating from nervousness and it had just transferred to his feet! :bounce: :bounce: But in all seriousness, for those of you wondering, no, his feet do not stink, and trust me, I would tell you if they did! :hair:

Briar

GONetwork Member
I know a guy that has this problem and he sprays his feet with anti persperent deoderant , I think Right Gaurd . He says it works great.

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
:crazy: I know a guy that had that problem, and he put cat litter in his boots at night to soak up all the moisture. This worked fine until his wife got a CAT :crazy:

Jkidd

Try 1 pair of wool socks and 1 pair of cotton. Put the wool socks on first and then put the cotton socks on 2nd. The wool will wick the moisture away and the cotton will dry it up:) I have sweaty feet also and I have to do this to keep my feet from getting raw.

Jason