t/c contender vs encore. questions.

tripled13

I want to expand into more pistol hunting. Have a t/c contender s/s in 14" 7-30 waters topped w/ 2x6 bushnell. killed deer out to 50yds. want to learn more about t/c in pistols and SHORT rifles. Want maybe pistol and short rifle in matching calibers. hunt from small box stands w/ no shots over 125 yds. where can I to learn about t/c and best place to acquire them? hardly any posts on MARKETPLACE W/ T/C'S. Any help appreciated.

Richard P

Search www.specialtypistols.infopop.cc.com (it comes up if you just search specialty pistols). Also look on GraybeardOutdoors (go2gbo.com).
You have a good set-up already. The 7-30 is all you'd need for Ga critters. The GrayBeard market has Contenders and Encores. The Encore is larger, stronger, and more suited to rifle cartridges larger than 30-30 and 35 Rem. You can pm me.

John I. Shore

I want to expand into more pistol hunting. Have a t/c contender s/s in 14" 7-30 waters topped w/ 2x6 bushnell. killed deer out to 50yds. want to learn more about t/c in pistols and SHORT rifles. Want maybe pistol and short rifle in matching calibers. hunt from small box stands w/ no shots over 125 yds. where can I to learn about t/c and best place to acquire them? hardly any posts on MARKETPLACE W/ T/C'S. Any help appreciated.

Hey Tripled, take a look at one of my favorite sites: http://www.bullberry.com/
I have several of his barrels and two stock sets, LOVEUM! Each one is a tack driver. Good Luck with it. (recommend the .218 Bee) :jump::jump::jump::cheers:

John I.

Win1917

Between the two I've come to like Contenders more than Encores for pistols. The smaller lighter frame just feels better to me. That said, I recently got a custom grip for my Encore and a 10" barrel and I'm enjoying it a lot more now and probably won't get another Encore barrel longer than 12" unless it's gonna be a bench or long range varmint barrel.

Both make sweet carbines. I prefer the 21" or shorter Contender barrels and 24" and under for Encores.

Give hhsportshop.com a look ,they have the best prices I've found. If you're wanting a SHORT rifle, they have some 16.25" Encore barrels in 243 and 308. I just put a carbine togather using one in 7-08 over all length 30.75"

Last edited: