T.P.'s 7th annual food plot prep picture thread

Gaswamp

Some food plot plantin pics from this weekend
interesting story regarding that plot. I let my son's best friend plant pull the drill and plant that patch by himself. When I got to the plot after he was about half way done I notice that he had not let the chains down on drill to cover the seed. So my friend and I went and got an old box spring to pull and cover. It probably will end up looking pretty good

Thread starter #66

Canuck5

Over the last 48 hours, I believe we have gotten close to 2" of rain at camp, which is making me happy!! I got a little worried, after planting 10 acres last weekend and there was no serious rain in sight, but there was moisture in the ground.

Over the last 48 hours, I believe we have gotten close to 2" of rain at camp, which is making me happy!! I got a little worried, after planting 10 acres last weekend and there was no serious rain in sight, but there was moisture in the ground.
hoping it wasn’t a wash out on the logging deck I’m trying to turn into a food plot. I think that’s part of the reason the peas didn’t come in.

Thread starter #68

Canuck5

Unfortunately, one of my brand new logging decks ( :mad: ) I had intended to plant had a lot of loose top soil, on top of cement and all the slid down to one spot. I am crossing that one off my list.

Thread starter #69

Canuck5

Just for grins and giggles, I broadcast some leftover crimson clover on just about the worst area I have, to see what happens. No lime, no fertilizer, heavy shade but it sure germinated!

Crimson clover 10-14-20.JPG

Thread starter #72

Canuck5

This weekend we may have found a couple of food plot thieves and they were taken care of, promptly.

Food plot thieves.JPG Food plot thieves1.JPG

It was a good opening day and some of our members were pleased. The thing I am most tickled about is the weight of the deer, 185 and 175 pounds respectively. We are in a QDM county and we've had larger deer taken, but 15 years ago a big buck in our area was in the 140 - 150 pound range. Some progress is being made, and better nutrition is helping along with neighbors improving their properties as well.