Tactacam Reveal Cell Cam

sleepr71

BPS in Macon had about 20 of them today. Even split between Verizon and AT&T providers. Picked up 2 @ $99.00 ea. Will try ONE & if it works well..I’ll keep both. If not..the unopened one goes back ?

Todd E

My goal was to get it activated and get it out in yard to learn it and see how it needs to be set up. It was easy to activate. Easy to set up. It is working great and pix are really good. I haven't looked at any manual. Just going to keep playing with app and settings before it goes to woods.Wish door had a lock tab.

Last edited:

Todd E

I have one question if anybody can answer.

I see instant send or daily send in app. If I click daily, thats only choice. Just daily. So, what time does it send pics daily?

And it also says may take cam up to 24 hours to accept cam changes via app. I changed to daily late last night and was still getting instant pics at 1 am.

Twinkie .308

This camera looks good. $120 if you pay yearly and $96 for additional cams. That ain't bad. Picture quality and detection range look pretty impressive too. I hope they endure the test of time. This looks like Tactacams first attempt at a trail camera, though they have been in the bow mounted camera game for a while. What kind of batteries ya'll running in these cams and what kind of battery life are you getting?

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
This camera looks good. $120 if you pay yearly and $96 for additional cams. That ain't bad. Picture quality and detection range look pretty impressive too. I hope they endure the test of time. This looks like Tactacams first attempt at a trail camera, though they have been in the bow mounted camera game for a while. What kind of batteries ya'll running in these cams and what kind of battery life are you getting?

Put Energizer in the camera. I'm only running one pic with a 20 second interval. Will get in on the feeder tomorrow and see how long they last. You can take several pics on it and have it run a video at same time but I'm sure batteries won't last long in that setup. We will see.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
BTW I have also run rayovac batteries in cams for as long as I can remember and battery life is always comparable to the few times I've spent extra on lithium.

Just for giggles I went ahead and ordered 2 more. Will see how this goes.

sleepr71

These cameras have an auxiliary port for plugging a battery pack into it. I’m going to use one of the bigger 12 V, solar charged battery packs that Academy sells. I forget the brand, but it’s like 49 bucks & change. Which includes a battery,box,the solar charger,charging cord...whole set up. I figure that’ll keep the camera running year round. It Should run year-round, which is my goal for this camera anyway.It'll be over a Cellular activated hog trap..that will be running 24/7/365. Second & third cams will be at my home..serving as Security cams..if I like this first one?

buckpasser

Unless the batteries need changing twice weekly, I’m excited about this product. I don’t really have any major complaints with my little Muddy, but the bright flash and the pic on demand should make this one much better for watching my foothold traps.

buckpasser

For a current owner; tell me about image on demand. Is it simple? Is it for no additional charge? How much delay? Thanks

DSGB

I had a $50 Cabelas gift card, so I pulled the trigger on one. Just hope I get a good signal down in the creek bottom where I want to put it.