Tactacam Reveal Issue

TurkeyKiller12

I've been running several reveals for about two years now. All cams have updated firmware but I am not running the recommended class of SD card. The issue that I am noticing is that the cam is not sending pictures when I there is movement in front of the camera. One of the cameras has a weak signal so I understand how that can play a part in this. However, the other cam having this issue has good signal. I haven't checked the cards to see if the camera is taking the picture but failing to send. Anyone else having this issue? I didn't think the class of SD card would be causing the sending issue.

roadkill

I had the same problem, and the camera was also eating batteries. I talked to a Tactacam rep that had the same problem, and he said to replace the SD card. I replaced the SD card with a new one, and my camera is working great again. He said that he doesn't know why this fixed it, but it did.

cowhornedspike

I buy that same card from Amazon and have it in all my Tactacams...no problems. Quit trying to figure out WHY the wrong card can cause problems and just go ahead and eliminate that potential problem right up front.

TarponStalker

I think the correct card may help you. I started with an sd card from another camera. It started great but then started having issues. I bought the recommended card and my issues went away.

thetrock

I have 3 tactacams, 2 new ones, and I'm concerned about card also. The Tactacam I used last year had a Sandisk Extreme Pro, 32 GB SDHC, UHS 3 card, and it seem to work great. This year, I couldn't find the UHS 3 card and I bought the UHS 1 card. The new cards does not seem to take pictures same as the UHS-3 card. I get half deer in picture and a lot of pictures with nothing. Tactacam recommends the UHS-3 cards and state that the UHS-3 cards have a faster transfer rate. I will be going to Kentucky in couple weeks and I plan to replace my UHS-1 cards with UHS-3 cards.