Tactacam test

sghoghunter

I’ve had these 3 tactacams for close to 4 months and they seem to work fair but not near as many pics a day vs the Coverts. I see people all the time saying their the best thing since sliced bread or they’ll say their good for what they cost. Well in my honest opinion if you advertise a product to do something it dern well should do it no matter what the cost and the Tactacams fall way behind Covert cameras. From yesterday afternoon at dark the covert 20yds to the left of the tactacam took 27 pics vs the tactacams 4. You can also notice the pig pipe in the pics being in different positions with no pics except 1 hog walking by

Attachments

• F3ED92ED-9E52-4B22-93C8-C630A4BCA0A7.png
    F3ED92ED-9E52-4B22-93C8-C630A4BCA0A7.png
    614.9 KB · Views: 61
  • ADBCA61D-FF4F-4F45-864A-04D5DD6BB743.png
    ADBCA61D-FF4F-4F45-864A-04D5DD6BB743.png
    619.6 KB · Views: 62
  • A62AAC72-D4D4-45DB-B381-1D95050EEC5B.png
    A62AAC72-D4D4-45DB-B381-1D95050EEC5B.png
    692 KB · Views: 60

cowhornedspike

Aimed way too high. The tactacam has a very narrow sensor and needs to be aimed so that the subject is centered vertically in the pic.

Reactions: Son

shdw633

Well in my honest opinion if you advertise a product to do something it dern well should do it no matter what the cost and the Tactacams fall way behind Covert cameras.

So you feel you should get the ride of a Cadillac even though you are only willing to pay for a Chevette? How much did you pay for those Coverts and how much for the Tactacam. For the $100 I paid for the Tactacam versus the $250 to $300 plus Coverts/Spartans/Ridgetecs, etc, I am able to put 2 cameras out or more for every one of those brands. If I am that concerned about getting every pic I can put two cameras in one area and still not pay what I am paying for one of those cameras. That is not a knock on those cameras, they are very good cameras, it's more of a comment as to let's compare apples to apples. Tactacam is the best thing going in trail cameras that are in it's price range. Why not do a review on how you feel about Tactacam versus those Spypoints you had or maybe still have?

sghoghunter

So you feel you should get the ride of a Cadillac even though you are only willing to pay for a Chevette? How much did you pay for those Coverts and how much for the Tactacam. For the $100 I paid for the Tactacam versus the $250 to $300 plus Coverts/Spartans/Ridgetecs, etc, I am able to put 2 cameras out or more for every one of those brands. If I am that concerned about getting every pic I can put two cameras in one area and still not pay what I am paying for one of those cameras. That is not a knock on those cameras, they are very good cameras, it's more of a comment as to let's compare apples to apples. Tactacam is the best thing going in trail cameras that are in it's price range. Why not do a review on how you feel about Tactacam versus those Spypoints you had or maybe still have?[/QUOTE

At this point the spyjunk is more dependable than the tactacam but your comparing cadalacs to chevettes since the spyjunk is a $300 camera

shdw633

The most I paid was $150 for mine, though I like the name spyjunk. I don't know how many Tactacams you bought but I am pretty sure if you want the $100 you most likely paid for them you could make that happen in a real short time as I saw a guy post 2 used ones on Archerytalk for $100 and they were gone within an hour.

sghoghunter

The most I paid was $150 for mine, though I like the name spyjunk. I don't know how many Tactacams you bought but I am pretty sure if you want the $100 you most likely paid for them you could make that happen in a real short time as I saw a guy post 2 used ones on Archerytalk for $100 and they were gone within an hour.

Yeah mine is the link evo. It’s one of their higher priced cameras. Ive got two of the tactacams and one works like it should with good signal but this one misses pics out the ying yang with very good signal. I’m gonna try the update next weekend when we go and see how it does then

shdw633

Yeah mine is the link evo. It’s one of their higher priced cameras. Ive got two of the tactacams and one works like it should with good signal but this one misses pics out the ying yang with very good signal. I’m gonna try the update next weekend when we go and see how it does then

Check that SD card as well, that camera does have issues if its not the correct type of SD card....its picky in that regard.

sghoghunter

Running these in every camera we have. There suppose to be the ones that’s for them

Attachments

• 230B9898-FD69-42D1-8D5E-FFB8C130EE49.png
    230B9898-FD69-42D1-8D5E-FFB8C130EE49.png
    443.3 KB · Views: 21

shdw633

Running these in every camera we have. There suppose to be the ones that’s for them

Those are one of the recommended ones. I use the Ultras. At least you know it's not that, hopefully the update will help your one camera get in line. Good luck!!

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I'm someone picky about distance. I set the horizontal center of my pics at 40 to 45 yards. At 28 to 30 inches off the ground. The Tactacam is about 15 ft up in the trees. There should be lots of improvements on the newer models. Things are changing fast in cams. I wouldn't sink myself too deep in any one just yet.

Last edited:

cowhornedspike

So you mean that piece of pvc isn’t centered more that that hen turkey in the bottom left that set it off?

Yes it is "more centered" but still a long way from centered. And it is much further away than the hen...and who knows where the hens head was half a second before when the pic was actually triggered.

Why do you want pics of the sky? Why not just do what tactacam recommends and hundreds of users have found works best and simply aim it more centered?