Talbot County 2018

riddler

Got everything planted today and getting some good rain this afternoon and tonight... Good timing. Now we wait.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Man is it HOT!!!!!!only 3/8 in rain the last 2 weeks at my place.Somebody do a rain dance and get DDD on the phone.

thumper523

Went to club yesterday and hunted the morning until the heat got me. Planted 5 plots 2 weeks ago and they are doing well. I did a little stalking in the evening and found a lot of red oaks dropping and a few white oaks, mostly knocked out by squirrels. The persimmons are almost ready.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Looks like Michael is projected to give us 3.38" and 35 mph winds.

SlipperyHill Mo

Slippery Hill Weather report:

Steady rain til about 5am. 2.8” of rain. Very little wind damage. Power went out for a couple of hours this am.

Huntfish53

Slippery Hill Weather report:

Steady rain til about 5am. 2.8” of rain. Very little wind damage. Power went out for a couple of hours this am.

Great. Should help plots

Hey guys. This is my 2nd year hunting in Talbot. My question is. When is the most rut activity going on. Or every year is different?

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
On the north side the peak is around Nov 5th.The south end is a little later.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
SAD TO SEE!!!!!!!
Manchester Farm Garden & Hardware

4 hrs ·
After much consideration and prayer our family has made the decision to close after serving the area for almost 15 years. When the shopping center lost its grocery store 1 1/2 years ago we could not have imagined the loss of traffic we would face. That, coupled with the convenience of online shopping and free shipping has dictated that now is the time to pursue other avenues, We will be closed Wednesday and Thursday to prepare the inventory for a closing sale beginning on Friday. Feed, Seed, Fertilizers and Firearms will not be reduced at this time. We will continue to carry inventory in these items until our customers have the opportunity to find other sources. Thank you for your loyalty and support over of the years...we have some of the best customers anyone could ever have.

riddler

Heard several shots morning and evening from surrounding properties. We saw several deer, only bucks were a couple of spikes that were together. Saw lots of sign and getting some good camera pics. Ready for the rut!

riddler

Had lots of activity Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning at our place. Had a spike grunting on Saturday and had a small buck come through Sunday morning. Saw 4-5 deer each time I was out in the woods. Also saw a Bobcat on Sunday as well. The next 2 weekends should be really good at our place, near Geneva.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Saw a nice 8 cruising this weekend, too young to take though. I think this one is on my hit list, can't figure if he's 3 or 4 yrs old? thoughts?
Looking at his body he looks to be 3.5, if he is he sure will be a stud next year!!!

Attachments

• PICT0771.JPG
    PICT0771.JPG
    595 KB · Views: 63
  • PICT0772.JPG
    PICT0772.JPG
    588.3 KB · Views: 63