TALBOT COUNTY 2020

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
That's a surenuff good one.Been hunting here 25 years. I,m gonna go with 4.5 or older.

yeah I agree, but when I look a his body not the characteristics of a 4+ yr old. Maybe on the decline as far as body size goes, with that size rack hard to believe he would be a 3 yr. old too.

Junkyarddawg724

I've hunted Talbot for 8 years and I'd shoot that buck on sight and ask about age afterwards. Looks like a mature buck regardless.

Meriwether Mike

Hunted off James Posey Saturday morning. Felt right. No bucks, but the scrapes are active. I could hear does blowing at my truck so will have to park further in next time.

Junkyarddawg724

Let me know how this weekend goes. I had to choose between this weekend and next week. Last year on the 14th I whiffed on a beautiful dark racked 10 that still haunts my dreams.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
We have seen 10 different does...some with fawns and some not....but not an antler in sight.

Albuds

No chasing whatever seen this weekend in out two properties in NE Talbot. Took a doe tonight to Chapmans only to find her is full and taking no deer for processing. Called Imlac and was told the same. Appears this will be a big issue this year. Any suggestions for other processors would be appreciated

B. White

If you live north, drop it off with Wayne Kelly (770) 483-2332 on your way home. Maybe a little out of the way, but they have done a good job for a long time. I have had him do a lot over the years when I was working 12 hr days and 6 days a week. He is as close to doing it yourself as you will find.

Closer, I have seen on here where York's on 36 going towards Barnesville is pretty good, but I have no experience with them.

Last edited:

Junkyarddawg724

No chasing whatever seen this weekend in out two properties in NE Talbot. Took a doe tonight to Chapmans only to find her is full and taking no deer for processing. Called Imlac and was told the same. Appears this will be a big issue this year. Any suggestions for other processors would be appreciated

The two above were taken to Fuller's in Geneva on Saturday with no issue.

SouthPaw Draw

If you live north, drop it off with Wayne Kelly (770) 483-2332 on your way home. Maybe a little out of the way, but they have done a good job for a long time. I have had him do a lot over the years when I was working 12 hr days and 6 days a week. He is as close to doing it yourself as you will find.

Closer, I have seen on here where York's on 36 going towards Barnesville is pretty good, but I have no experience with them.

When I went by York's in Barnesville they were closed.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
That is a cool very large bodied deer.Must be feeding them the super pellets.

SouthPaw Draw

Yeah protein feed, 20,000 lbs every year. Another healthy one.

Attachments

• MFDC4404.JPG
    MFDC4404.JPG
    415.2 KB · Views: 38