TALBOT COUNTY 2020

awoods

I’m heading down this weekend and will dive by there. I’ll see if he has the sign out with hours.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Good luck to all the bow hunters.I haven,t been able to get down since March....except for a funeral.

B. White

If anyone is a member, or knows one, of Flint River Sportsman's Club off 36/Double Bridges, please send me a PM. Club name may have changed over the years, but that is what it was in the 90s. Thanks.

Huntfish53

Hopefully we will get a little rain this week that they are predicting, plots really need it

greg j

Was down at our lease on Thursday and it's dry as a bone. Could use a little rain before the opener.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Somebody shoot him if you see him.............. I think he is 4+ yrs old.

Attachments

• IMG_1795.JPG
    IMG_1795.JPG
    429 KB · Views: 25

HavocLover

Somebody shoot him if you see him.............. I think he is 4+ yrs old.

That’s a horrible idea. There’s tons of research that shows that those bucks 90% of the time have pedical damage. That particular buck will probably never outgrow that since the injury is in the cranium. But IT IS NOT HEREDITARY. So looks like an awesome deer to have in your herd and spreading his genes, but 9 out of 10 guys are gonna shoot him and call him retarded or something.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
That’s a horrible idea. There’s tons of research that shows that those bucks 90% of the time have pedical damage. That particular buck will probably never outgrow that since the injury is in the cranium. But IT IS NOT HEREDITARY. So looks like an awesome deer to have in your herd and spreading his genes, but 9 out of 10 guys are gonna shoot him and call him retarded or something.

I understand what you are saying but I got this pic of him in velvet from last year and the left side appears to have not changed, I don't think that left side will ever be much more than it is now.

Attachments

• 2020.jpg
    2020.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 12

HavocLover

I understand what you are saying but I got this pic of him in velvet from last year and the left side appears to have not changed, I don't think that left side will ever be much more than it is now.

His left side is due to an injury within his skull. He will probably never outgrow that. He will very likely always have a funky side on that side. But it’s not in his genes. And judging by his good side, that’s a mighty fine deer. So killing him just cause you think he might pass that trait on would be a bad decision in my opinion. Killing him just cause you want to would be one thing, but if you’re killing him just cause you think he’d pass it on, that’s way off base.

We are less than a mile from you, and that trait seems to run in our herd. Over the years we have killed probably 5-6 bucks with a big 4-5 point side and then a big spike or fork. We have one on camera this year like him, not sure if it’s the same deer. I’ll shoot him because I think it is hereditary and he don’t match up when fighting. Then somebody loses an eye.