TALBOT COUNTY 2020

SlipperyHill Mo

Have seen good rack on one side and a spike on almost every property I have hunted in 4 states. It is very common and could be due to injury or genetics. Hunters cannot control either. Culling inferior genes is impossible. By the time a buck gets that big his “inferior” genes are everywhere. Even in the does. His momma, his sisters and his offspring.

Please google “cull buck myth”. There are better explanations than mine.

Still want to kill SPD’s buck, please send him across the road. ?

Junkyarddawg724

Our property was almost completely clear cut between this year and last (120 acres outside of woodland). Evidently the property had those worms that were eating up healthy pines, so they came and cut in late December and ended our season early.

Plenty of beautiful hardwoods and a long creek that runs through the property appear to have kept some deer at least. Between 3 hunters we saw a handful of does, an alright 8 pointer, and a couple of young bucks last weekend. Everything was 80+ yards away but thinking we'll have some fun in rifle season.

Best of luck to everybody this year. Looking for one in the freezer and hoping for one for the wall. We'll just see what the season has to offer. We had some 'never seen before' bucks show up last year on November 14th. I whiffed on a nice, dark 10. Maybe we'll have the same/better luck this year. Getting to the range as soon as the rain lets up to make sure I'm solid to 150.

Last edited:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Have seen good rack on one side and a spike on almost every property I have hunted in 4 states. It is very common and could be due to injury or genetics. Hunters cannot control either. Culling inferior genes is impossible. By the time a buck gets that big his “inferior” genes are everywhere. Even in the does. His momma, his sisters and his offspring.

Please google “cull buck myth”. There are better explanations than mine.

Still want to kill SPD’s buck, please send him across the road. ?
Most of those inferior genetics comes from the ugly momma does........just saying

SlipperyHill Mo

SPD,

I have moved to Talbot permanently Come by and see me. I will try to get by your place soon. I am here most of the time. Send me a message.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Rain gauge at Hwy 19 in Carsonville shows about 6.5" in last 4 days.

1633615964905.png

awoods

Got my first muzzleloader buck Saturday evening. He came out around 6:50, circled the area, stayed in some thick stuff, and I put him down at 7:10 with some daylight to spare. 148 lbs, 15’ inside spread. No other bucks seen at our club, few does, rattlesnake and copperhead. Watch where you step!

Attachments

• D3355A82-BC76-42BF-8390-DEFE503A5C67.jpeg
    D3355A82-BC76-42BF-8390-DEFE503A5C67.jpeg
    277 KB · Views: 49

Huntfish53

Got my first muzzleloader buck Saturday evening. He came out around 6:50, circled the area, stayed in some thick stuff, and I put him down at 7:10 with some daylight to spare. 148 lbs, 15’ inside spread. No other bucks seen at our club, few does, rattlesnake and copperhead. Watch where you step!

Nice!

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Congrats on a fine Talbot Co buck.Hope you get the other one this weekend.

possum235

Does any one knows what Chapman or Fuller are charging for regular processing