Taliaferro County 2020

dawg

Any updates from anyone?
we are seeing a lot of bucks on their feet with a few scrapes

How is everyone else doing?
Good luck!!!!!

whithunter

Same for us. Lots of scrapes and a few smaller bucks chasing. This weekend should be great with the cooler weather.

BIGWALK

Killed a really nice 8 pointer last Thursday evening. My nicest buck ever. Kicked him off his bed walking in about 2 in the afternoon. He came back and walked by my ground blind a few hours later and gave me a clear shot. He freakin stunk!! His hocks were stained but not super dark. Going back in the morning and hoping the cooler weather has them moving!

dawg

Great news!
My son and I had a couple of young bucks come through tonight with light grunts!

Pretty cool.
Good luck

baddave

up until 11/2 I only have seen plenty of does

dxydawg

Lots of chasing this evening...8 different bucks in plot running does...best action I’ve seen this year

whithunter

Pretty slow weekend for us. Saw a few does and small bucks. No real rutting activity seen. According to the cameras the bucks were moving really well from nov 8 - 12.

dawg

Checking in with everyone!
headed down tomorrow, hoping for a good weekend of hunting
best of luck to everyone

dawg

Hunted tonight and did not see anything
slow week with pictures on our cameras as well

Best of luck to everyone

baddave

I'm going mon. morn , maybe stay 3-4 days . hoping to see hog sign . guess I'll go ahead and drag out a doe to polish off the season . good luck and post pics of those trophy bucks:)

dawg

Checking in...anyone had any luck?

Seeing a few hogs again and most deer are on cams at night.

Best of luck everyone

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I hunted our northern Taliaferro property Saturday morning. I didn’t see any deer and only heard 2 shots.
Someone in an airplane was VERY active and buzzed over me at a very low elevation 4 times. Pretty annoying. Closest airports are Wilkes and Greene so it wasn’t as if he had just taken off. ?