Taliaferro County 2020

hicktownboy

@Milkman - We are on the Oglethorpe/Taliaferro/Greene line and this video is from Saturday morning, 12/5/20. They were fertilizing pine trees.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
@Milkman - We are on the Oglethorpe/Taliaferro/Greene line and this video is from Saturday morning, 12/5/20. They were fertilizing pine trees.

Thanks. So you must be in the area southwest of Philomath down the dirt road from Philomath. Was it the property owned by the Durhamtown folks that was being fertilized?

hicktownboy

Thanks. So you must be in the area southwest of Philomath down the dirt road from Philomath. Was it the property owned by the Durhamtown folks that was being fertilized?
You got me pinned pretty good. It was not Durhamtown property to my knowledge. I suspect that it was several properties from the amount of time they spent. They were still going strong at 4PM.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
You got me pinned pretty good. It was not Durhamtown property to my knowledge. I suspect that it was several properties from the amount of time they spent. They were still going strong at 4PM.

I used to hunt land accessed off Old Springhill Ch. road many years ago.
The Durham family has thousands of acres. It’s in all 3 counties on both sides of the river.

hicktownboy

I used to hunt land accessed off Old Springhill Ch. road many years ago.
The Durham family has thousands of acres. It’s in all 3 counties on both sides of the river.
We have access to our property over there too. PM me if you want to. Would love to have you over to our camp for a steak and a fire one evening.

dawg

We had the same experience with the plane Sunday am in Taliaferro, pretty crazy!

Had seven does together this afternoon on one of my cams in the food plot eating.

sasmojoe

I just got a lease late this season off hwy 44, down sandy cross rd. Timber company won’t let u camp on property. Any idea where someone could park a camper for season.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
It might be a few miles out of your way but you could probably work something out with Durhamtown camp ground.

Good luck !!!!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Yea I talked with them about cabin rentals, I may check into parking camper there. Thanks

I just thought about this. You might stop in at Griffin’s Store and ask them about it. They might know of a local hunt camp or individual that would rent to you.