Talking off warts

Eshad

Anyone ever know anyone who had the ability to remove warts from others? My granddaddy's cousin back in Alabama could take them from folks. This was probably in the mid to late 1960's. My parents took my older brother when he was little to him, and from what I remember, he sat down and talked a little while to my brother, and asked if he could have the warts. In a matter of days they were gone. Anyone else known anyone like that?

MudDucker

Staff member
My grandfather was said to have that ability. Never witnessed it, but more than one has told me about it.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
I have been taught to "conjure" poison oak, I also know a man who can stop bleeding and talk the fire out of burns.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
When I was a kid my momma took me to the family dr. for a cold or something and I had a wart on my hand and the dr. asked me if I wanted him to remove it. I automatically thought KNIFE and told him no. He rubbed my hand and said too late I just did. In a few days it was gone.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Branchminnow said:
I have been taught to "conjure" poison oak, I also know a man who can stop bleeding and talk the fire out of burns.
From reading some verses in the Bible? My sister in law did that one time when Greg's nose was bleeding. I saw it stop after she read it so I can't argue with it.

Last edited:

dutchman

I knew a woman in our church when I was young that could conjure moles and warts away. Mama had her take a mole off of her face and I had her take a wart off of one of my feet. It worked.

I believe!

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
GeauxLSU said:
Yep, in Cajun culture they are known as a 'traiteur'.
I thought that was someone who turned against their country.:bounce: :bounce:

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Vernon Holt said:
Branch, we have several on Woody's who can talk the fire out of almost anything.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
warts

warts are a virus. Most will go away by themselves after a time. But rubbing by another will sometimes speed up the process. May be due to a chemical reaction from the other persons chemistry. Yep, lost a couple warts to an Aunt onetime. The family said it was because she was adopted and had never seen her real father. Who knows, but they're gone..

Mossy0ak270

There was also a remedy for warts that involved potatoes. For the life of me I can't remember what it is now. Daddy said his Aunt? I think it was could remove them with potatoes. It seems like you cut the potatoe in half and rubbed it on the wart and then bury the tater or somethin along the lines. It worked for him.

Lizard Hillman

MossyOak270 I had an aunt that did that to me one time. She cut the potato in half, rubbed one with my warts and buried the other one. I lost my warts about a week later and never got them back.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Taters work in the healing process on wounds. My son in law was working on his bobcat and burned a small place on his face on the muffler and a lady told him to hold a piece of potato on it and it would heal up. He held in on the burn off and on during day and the next day you could barely see the burn.

Branchminnow

Vernon Holt said:
Branch, we have several on Woody's who can talk the fire out of almost anything.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Branchminnow

Also on stopping the bleeding it can even be done over the phone.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
No. GA. Mt. Man said:
Taters work in the healing process on wounds. My son in law was working on his bobcat and burned a small place on his face on the muffler and a lady told him to hold a piece of potato on it and it would heal up. He held in on the burn off and on during day and the next day you could barely see the burn.

I told my daughter as good a job as it did on the burn I'd put em all over his face and see if that would help.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: