Tall Boy (10)

Shad30

This is a deer my son named Tall Boy. He's a 10 that we've been getting pictures of for the last several months. Sure hope he shows for my son. He's 13 and is using a crossbow. He's dead on with it so maybe he'll get the chance. The buck was there this morning feeding for a solid hour which is 20-23 yards from his groundblind.

Attachments

• tall boy.jpg
    tall boy.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 163

Duff

Woo man! Thats a nice'en!

alwayslookin

Mercy!

The trick is getting in there undetected to hunt him.

Hope the boy gets a crack at him....keep us posted.

Shad30

Mercy!

The trick is getting in there undetected to hunt him.

Hope the boy gets a crack at him....keep us posted.
For sure. I'm trying to decide whether to let him go opening morning or not? Deer have been feeding about the time i like to get in the stand. If we wait until evening i believe we can get in without any problems. We've got pics of him in the evening around 6.

Shad30

Nice buck! I would hunt in the evening and not take a chance of spooking him in the morning. Keep us posted.
Def. leaning towards that option. Going to be tough holding off but rain may postpone the morning hunt. I actually do hope it does. maybe it'll hold his movement off until tomorrow evening. he came in again yesterday afternoon about 6. Its so stressful watching him feed 20 yards from his blind knowing you don't get that many chances at him slipping up.

alwayslookin

Agree with evening hunt, getting in early with wind in your favor....I'd walk a long ways around if I had to. You've gotta know about where he's bedding I figure.

Shad30

Agree with evening hunt, getting in early with wind in your favor....I'd walk a long ways around if I had to. You've gotta know about where he's bedding I figure.
The wind is usually perfect for this blind. always blowing the way we walk in.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
For sure. I'm trying to decide whether to let him go opening morning or not? Deer have been feeding about the time i like to get in the stand. If we wait until evening i believe we can get in without any problems. We've got pics of him in the evening around 6.
Depends on wind direction.Wrong wind on approach and sitting in the ground blind can keep a smart o.d buck at a distance.Good luck with him and hope your son can connect.