Taurus GX4

rosewood

The gx4 came with 2 short bottom 11 rnd mags. I bought a 13 rnd from academy. Ordered an extra +2 extension and finger extension for the 2 included mags from Taurus. The extensions were slick plastic. I took my harbor freight soldering iron and stippled the front side of the mag extensions. Really improved the pinky grip. They turned out nice. I didn't think to take a before picture, but the front looked same as side.

9142021224230.jpg9142021224215.jpg

Last edited:

BriarPatch99

I think what that I have read about the GX4 ....it is gonna be the one to put Taurus back in the game .... not that the G2c and G3 were bad ...my son has a G2c and I like and shoot it well....

Good job on the magazines ....

Dub

Stippling action looks mighty good.

It will sure give some improved traction.

Hope to see some great range reports.

Big7

The Oracle
Neat trick for sure.

rosewood

I was skeptical about stippling before I tried it. I see a lot of folks get too aggressive with it. I just hit each little spot for probably a second or less and keep it shallow. I tape off the area I want to do with masking tape to guide me. To the untrained eye, it looks a lot like the factory. I also have only done on removable parts. I like to be able to put a gun back to factory specs if I choose.

I did the 2 +2 extensions and the finger extension in less time than it took to watch an episode of Hogan's Heros last night.

I wonder if stippling may affect the warranty on some manufactures if you do it on the frame.

Rosewood

rosewood

Man, I hate posting from a cell phone. Went back to my original post and found all kinds of spelling and gramatical errors. I had to go back and make those corrections on the PC with a real keyboard. :)

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Man, I hate posting from a cell phone. Went back to my original post and found all kinds of spelling and gramatical errors. I had to go back and make those corrections on the PC with a real keyboard. :)

My cellphone destroys what I am trying to type. Drives me nuts. My old phone worked great. This new “updated “ model is horrid. :rofl: