Taurus recall

Cole Henry

I sent my gun in back in November and have not heard a word. Taurus will never stay in business with customer service like this. They will never sell a gun to myself ever again that's for sure.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I sent my gun in back in November and have not heard a word. Taurus will never stay in business with customer service like this. They will never sell a gun to myself ever again that's for sure.

I told then the same thing. It seems like that. Is thier standard operating procedure. I'm still waiting on my replacement to show up.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I'm at 6 weeks now since they contacted me, still need gun. Smh.

Buck70

Taurus is replacing all of the pistols sent to them as part of the class action settlement with model G2C 9 mm. I spoke with one of their customer service reps today.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Yes that is the only option. I'm not really happy about it, but it is what it is.

gunnurse

I have a PT111G2, and it has been great. I also bought a PT140G2. It malfunctioned. The slide would not function, and it had a round in the chamber. I could not send it back that way, so I took it to a gunsmith for advice. He literally pounded slide until it finally broke loose. Parts fell out of the handgun. I sent it back to Taurus, and 14 short weeks later, they sent it back to me good as new.

So, all I can say is be careful what you buy. You may never have an issue like I did, but you may get killed while in need of a well functioning handgun.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Cool, Looks like I can trade my 10+ y/o + Taurus PT-111 MILLENNIUM Pro,
that has never had so much as a jam, for a brand new MILLENNIUM G2.

Works for me. I just need to make sure all 4 mags will fit?
Came with 2. bought a spare for $40.00
and I have one that works that came off of a 17 shot M-92.
:bounce:
I just bought a G2 Saturday. Shot 4 boxes over the weekend and absolutely no issues with it. For the price of $199 for something that you can throw in a tool box, or on a tractor you can’t beat it. I still have my S&M body guard down in my boot or inside belt but for a snake or booger bear getter that is not that big of a loss if it fell out of the boat or ran over, hard to beat it.

JohnnyWalker

Ok guys, this PO'd me beyond belief. If you look through the recall instructions you can take $200 cash or send in your qualifying gun and Taurus will repair your old one or replace it for free.
Now, the truth! Everyone on the Taurus Facebook page is complaining that
they are replacing every gun with at PT111 G2C in 9mm. I turned in a full size 40 cal. two tone pistol that I paid $400.00 for and I am going to get back a 9mm flat black compact. That is just wrong and now I wish I had the old pistol back.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Yup, it's horrible.cuatomer service. BTW. I still haven't gotten my replacement.

Reactions: Dub

JohnnyWalker

An update:
I sent in my Taurus PT24/7 on Feb. 1, 2018 and have not heard a word. I see on the Taurus facebook page where people who sent their pistol in back in October and November of 2017 are just beginning to get their replacement pistols back. Yes, anything you send in appears to be replaced by a PT111 9mm by what I read on Facebook. Terrible!

rosewood

Ran into a guy at Academy the other day that had sent his in for Warranty replacement and he was picking his up. I forgot how long he said he waited, but it wasn't too awfully long. Got a brand Millenium G2. I finally checked and found out my PT140 was on the list but I missed the deadline for a replacement. Phooey.

Rosewood

GunnSmokeer

The reason I carry a Taurus today is because the factory gave it to me, free, as a replacement for my 15-year old one that had developed issues (again) and went back to the factory (again), but this time they scrapped it and just replaced it with a new model, new design, but same basic size and shape as my old one.

I have been a Taurus owner for years, and I've always been impressed with their warranty policy, which I have had to use several times on various guns.
Come to think of it, I've had TOO MUCH experience with their warranty work. I don't think Taurus will be near the top of my list the next time I'm gun shopping. But, I'll keep the one I already own, because (1) it works for now, and (2) it fits my hand great, and is the perfect size and shape and weight, and (3) selling it wouldn't get me much money, so why bother? I'd have to add a lot of cash to boot to trade-up into a gun from a higher-quality manufacturer.

rosewood

Did you request the 9mm, or did they just send you something different without asking?

rosewood

Glad I didn't send mine in, I want to keep my 40.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Anyone gotten thier replacement yet. I was told 6-8 weeks several months ago.