Taurus recall

rosewood

That is very poor customer service on their part. Maybe they will get it back to you soon.

As "Tommy Boy" said, "if you put a lifetime warranty on a box of crap, you still have a box of crap"

In all seriousness though. I have several Taurus firearms and have only ever had to send in one for repair. I don't remember how long they had it, but I am thinking it wasn't more than a month.

Mental note, never send a firearm in for repair if you don't have a backup.

Rosewood

GoldDot40

Does Taurus not authorize any independent gunsmiths to do warranty work for them? I used to know a man in Jackson County who was authorized to work on several different brands of firearms. Dude could repair nearly anything gun related. He was really close friends with my dad who was also a gunsmith back in the day.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Does Taurus not authorize any independent gunsmiths to do warranty work for them? I used to know a man in Jackson County who was authorized to work on several different brands of firearms. Dude could repair nearly anything gun related. He was really close friends with my dad who was also a gunsmith back in the day.

This isn't warranty work, it's a major recall on almost all of their gen 1 guns. Apparently there is no fix, so they will just replace with a new gun, but again that's just hearsay gossip on the internet.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
That is very poor customer service on their part. Maybe they will get it back to you soon.

As "Tommy Boy" said, "if you put a lifetime warranty on a box of crap, you still have a box of crap"

In all seriousness though. I have several Taurus firearms and have only ever had to send in one for repair. I don't remember how long they had it, but I am thinking it wasn't more than a month.

Mental note, never send a firearm in for repair if you don't have a backup.

Rosewood

For some reason I'm not much of a pistol person, I just only have one for personal carry. I got this one about 10 or so years ago. I had a relative that owned a pawn shop and told him I wanted a pistol for carry purpose. He ordered me this gun at cost to him, so I took it. In all honesty for a $250 gun it's been a great gun, never had a single jam ever, even when hunting in brakkish salt water on the coast. I think I will be in the market for a new pistol soon.

JHannah92

I got a letter from them yesterday stating they received my gun, and that it would take around 6 weeks to get it back. Gave a website to check on the status of my claim, but it doesn't find my gun when I enter my info. Guess we'll see what happens.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Still no update

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Apparently not

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Doesn't look like anyone from other forms have gotten thier guns back, but a few have confirmed with Taurus that the only replacement shipped is the pt111 g2. That's a 9mm gun, I'm not real happy since I have ALOT of 40 Cal ammo.

b rad

So what’s the deal is it to late to late to send in what if I bought my Taurus off the street

JHannah92

Doesn't look like anyone from other forms have gotten thier guns back, but a few have confirmed with Taurus that the only replacement shipped is the pt111 g2. That's a 9mm gun, I'm not real happy since I have ALOT of 40 Cal ammo.

Not real happy about that either. I bought a 40 because I wanted a 40.

bevills1

I saw a story on 60 Minutes about the recall on the Remington 700 trigger including news about accidents caused by the defect. I have a couple of Remington 700s I got in the early 90s that I love to hunt with and have never had any issues.

I wonder if this Taurus recall may be similar in nature to the Remington recall. I've had a PT-111 since the late 90s and never had an issue with it. Bottom line is any thing mechanical can fail, and any gun should always be pointed in a safe direction and never pointed at anything you don't intend to destroy.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Well, you live and you learn, I'll never give taurus Nother penny. I sent them a gun I paid almost $400 for and they are only sending out the G2C 9mm which is a $200 gun. It also won't be delivered for 6-8 weeks. Smh

Jester896

Senior Clown
yikes!!! you can't tell them to send the other one back? Or refuse to accept that as a replacement?

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
yikes!!! you can't tell them to send the other one back? Or refuse to accept that as a replacement?

I tried to argue with them and all I got was we are sorry.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Yeah, I'm done with these clowns also. Paid $350 for mine. Won't buy from them again.

Have they called you yet? If you get a call from a 305 area code, answer it, I had to wait on hold for 30 minutes to get ahold of a person.

JHannah92

Have they called you yet? If you get a call from a 305 area code, answer it, I had to wait on hold for 30 minutes to get ahold of a person.

Haven't heard a word from them since the confirmation letter they sent when they received my gun.