Taxidermist

Deerhunter12454

I dropped off a bear I shot Fall of 2022 to a taxidermist. I’ve left voicemails trying to get a timeline on when my rug when will be done and when I can pick up my probable record book bears skull to get measured. Trying to see what options I have from not getting any type of calls back.

TurkeyDreamer

I had an issue with a taxidermist a few years ago with a pair of ducks I wanted mounted. Two years later and several “we’re waiting on supplies” excuses later, I finally stopped by only to be given more runaround. I finally got it resolved and got my money back with a little help from a lawyer friend.

PM me the name of your taxidermist and I’ll tell you if it’s the same one.

buckpasser

Good taxidermists are artists, and rarely good business people. Good business people are rarely good artists. When taxidermists happen to be both, they are very successful.

Gator89

Last deer I had done was about 7 weeks short of three years. Killed last weekend October 2018. Picked up Labor Day 2021.

That taxidermist told me he was switching to rebuilding UTVs and selling them because customers would not come get and pay for their mounts. After 2+ years some folks give up hope.

buckpasser

Last deer I had done was about 7 weeks short of three years. Killed last weekend October 2018. Picked up Labor Day 2021.

That taxidermist told me he was switching to rebuilding UTVs and selling them because customers would not come get and pay for their mounts. After 2+ years some folks give up hope.

And change hobbies, and move, and get divorced, and die…