Taylor County 2020-2021

puckett181

Hunting about 5 miles south of GA 96. Planted food plots last weekend- hopefully they’ll jump up with this rain!

I'm hunting near Rupert. 100 acres. I have two half acre plots. I planted one with cow peas the first week of september. I planted the second one with a mix of oats and rye about a week ago. The deer were hitting the cow peas pretty hard the first few weeks. I have another little 1/3 acre plot in the back of the property I'll probably plant with oats in about 2 weeks.

RamblinWreck

Been hunting hard since Nov 4. Ive deployed a couple Tactacams on my 120 acres 14 mi SE of Butler.
I am still seeing scraping activity as of last night, including video and pics of bucks cruising by and urinating on their hocks. I have Draw out there and they are hitting that, too, but the real big bucks seem to ignore it.
As of around the 19th, I am seeing chasing activity pick up. Of course, I had to leave and come home for a couple days, but Tues and Wed before Thanksgiving forecast is for morning temps in the high 30s, so I'll be heading back then.

I missed my chance at a really nice 10 Friday, when I waited too long to put down the binos and pick up a rifle, thinking he was the 8-pt in the area I've been passing on and letting walk. He got behind some thick stuff and I didn't want to rush a shot. He was walking fast cruising broad daylight 0900. Oh, well. Dang it.

Good luck. I'm hearing a good bit of shooting around me, guess some of y'all are seeing something worth shooting! (y)

RamblinWreck

Bucks are still working scrapes. "2nd rut" is underway, I think, because I got pics of some does that are starting to look pregnant, and other pics of running/chasing deer. Headed back tomorrow to hunt the cold snap. Got one buck "tag" left.
This buck is safe on my land - I already passed on him at 20 yards. Next year he'll be something, if he don't get kilt.
8p112920.jpg

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Been hunting my place out near Mauk, been passing on all the deer seen, waiting on a particular buck to show himself. Been taking my meat deer off public land.

Waiting on this ol boy to show himself during daylight...
taylor buxk.jpg

I will be at Mistletoe State Park hunting for the coming cold snap, be back in Taylor Thursday. Still quite a few scrapes being worked on my property

Last edited:
I had the opportunity to hunt from November 14th to the 28th. I saw lots of action and chasing the week of the 15th. It helped that we had some cold days that week. I got lucky and tagged two bucks.

I got my first buck on the 17th. Never had any pictures of this buck. I got him right at 7am.

First buck - 2.jpgFirst buck.jpg

I got my second buck on the 20th. I had pictures of this buck daily in the summer and at least a few times a week more recently. He's the biggest buck that I had on camera regularly. I got him right at 9am. Both bucks were by themselves cruising.

Big 8.jpg
big 8 - 2.jpg

The week of the 21st my dad came to camp. He hunted most days and I went to the stand a few days to keep him company. The action slowed down that week. The temperatures also went up that week and we had some rainy days so that didn't help.