TBG Spring Hunt

dutchman

Word is that Buck is cooking us all supper on Saturday evening. That would make it worth the trip from just about anywhere...

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Sounds like a great hunt. I’m just not able quite yet to make a trip like that.

dutchman

I was gonna wait till bowseason to try out my newly acquired trad skills but y'all done bout talked me into coming down there to chase pigs and meet Dendy! Whoever he is.

Bring whatever bow or bows you want. It's public land and legal. You can still hang with us.

dutchman

Ken, I hope you do get in well before dark. Given how you feel about serpents, I'd hate it if you pitched your tent near a bed of them things...

Buck E.

TBGer's,

As we go into the weekend I want to wish you and your families a Happy Easter. I wanted to drop you a reminder about next weeks hunt. Some will be there all week, Three of us that I know of will be arriving midday Wednesday(including me). The long range forecast is calling for some chance of possible showers Friday and Saturday- be prepared. I will have a map at camp with all the road closings and where the ferry will be. That's right I said ferry. If the river gets up the main slough thru the WMA rises and they close all crossings for safety- it runs over the roads. I will have a 14 ft canoe with paddles and life jackets set up with ropes so no matter which side you are on you can get the canoe to your side. This will allow access to thousands of acres of river bottom.

Saturday night TBG will be providing supper. The menu will be as follows (in case you don't like you can be prepared to cook your own):

Cabbage, potato and kielbasa soup
dutch oven peach cobbler
supply your own drinks.

Remember there are bathhouses with showers so bring toiletries and towels.

See you there.

Clipper

Maybe, depends on whether my bees are behaving and the garden's planted. Right now, I'm way behind on everything. Haven't picked up a bow since January.

dutchman

Folks already there are seeing game. At least one turkey encounter and at least one pig encounter thus far. Have heard nothing from the gang today, but, we'll see...

dutchman

Weather is great! Rain didn’t come this morning and forecast is good for the rest of the hunt. Eleven people in camp so far. Lots of game sightings. No shots yet.

Buck E.

I would like to thank all that attended this years Central Zone Hunt. Trust me when I say a great time was had. Nothing killed but lots of pig sightings and close calls, swirling wind would not let anyone close the deal. Several got on turkey , boy where they gobbling good. It was great meeting some for the first time. What a great group we had.

Dee, I hope it doesnt rain on you anytime soon!!