Team 1 “Wild Turkey” ?

Swamprat

Swamprat
Dang it man...added pressure to be Team #1.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Yeah, if I don't have a sucky season like the last few.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Looking forward to getting up with my team mates and good luck to all.

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Checking in! We'll be headed to Florida for youth weekend hoping to get my 2 oldest grandchildren their first Osceola. I'll probably be hunting south Ga opening weekend. The next week is a quota hunt. If it would stop raining maybe the river will get out of my woods....

Swamprat

Swamprat
Went looking and listening this morning on some public and dang was it wet.

Heard a few birds but they did not really fire off till around 7:30, thinking it was due to being a little chilly this morning. Saw one gobbler with 3 hens working a firebreak, heard the hens cutting up on the roost just after 7 but he never made a peep which is fine with me, like them birds to be less vocal on public.

Ran into one other person scouting, we were both looking for the same bird that gobbled a few times but we came from opposite directions. Nice guy, we shot the breeze for several minutes, looked for sign around the cypress head and called it a morning.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Unless we come up with a team name just leave it as Team 1....yeah I know boring but the birds don't care what we are called.

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
We need a team name!

We just made it home late today from our Florida hunt with the grandkids... All I can say is "Wow"! What a way to start the 2020 season :) You haven't even begun to experience the challenge of turkey hunting until you try running and gunning with a child. Great memories made this weekend. Josie had some of the closest calls possible without actually pulling the trigger. She heard a lot of gobbling and on 2 separate hunts had a gobbler within 50 yards but they wouldn't close the deal. She had hens in range 3 times and twice within 10 feet. Both times you could have literally reached out and touched them with the shotgun. She crossed water over her boots following right in my footsteps and never once complained. Bryce came home with 2 Osceola's! Absolutely an awesome youth weekend!

Swamprat

Swamprat
Congrats on the fun hunts...Congrats to Bryce and hopefully Josie can get her a Florida bird next year.

When I talked to Arkie today I told him I thought you were down in FL for youth with your grandkids. What part of the state were you at, Osceola country or further North.
Got a quota hunt in two weeks in North FL where you have hybrid birds.

Found a few birds this past weekend on some public close to the house, just not sure if anybody else has found them as well. Pretty remote area but with google nothing is not secret anymore.

You can come up with a name....I am good with it.

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
We were hunting well below the line for Osceola's. I've got a quota hunt the end of the month in middle Georgia and will be hunting south Georgia opening weekend.

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Well... the past 2 mornings I have a gobbler roosted. Let's just hope he's in the same place tomorrow morning! Good luck team mates! Tomorrow morning is the day I've been waiting on :)

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
I know all 3 of us are still hunting, we communicate through text regularly. It's been a different kind of season for all of us this year.