Team 14 - The Offical “Box Call Bandits”

Swamprat

Swamprat
I think we will have some decent weather, least what I saw last.

Just bummed cause the creek bottoms filled up. This WMA basically runs along the creek but in places it is 100 yards to a 1/4 mile wide from the creek to the borders.

Last Saturday for our opener I had 2 plus miles of creek bottom to myself. Why, don't know. It has birds but lots of the creek bottom borders farm fields which I think makes the birds less vocal due to tractor activity, etc.

GAMHUNTER35

well birds havnt been gobblin very much this week heard birds 4 out of 5 days so far but they go quiet by 9 had 1 close weds but never saw him going bac after them in the am

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Number 1

Just a nice 2 yr old with 9in beard and 1in spurs but it sure is nice to find one on public land that u set up on and call once and he cuts u off and is in your lap in 5 min.

Attachments

• 44A0E5A5-57DC-41EB-8709-ABA0A56FFD23.png
    44A0E5A5-57DC-41EB-8709-ABA0A56FFD23.png
    837.1 KB · Views: 91

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Flip flops hunter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW that's tough!!!!
Beautiful bird man congrats!!

GAMHUNTER35

well it is a guessing game go 1 day an the gobble all day go the next day an they only gobble on the rooost but we still trying just dont know where to go in the morning the only bird i heard this morning was down in swamp acrossed the creek an the last day i can hunt the wma till sunday

Swamprat

Swamprat
Have been in birds some days and some days it is quiet.

Biggest problem this year is getting the bird to commit. They will answer but just hang up. Had a good gobbler at 40 yards but trees and limbs prevented a shot. 4 more steps and he would have been smoked.

Looks like another wet weekend coming up. Ugh

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Have been in birds some days and some days it is quiet.

Biggest problem this year is getting the bird to commit. They will answer but just hang up. Had a good gobbler at 40 yards but trees and limbs prevented a shot. 4 more steps and he would have been smoked.

Looks like another wet weekend coming up. Ugh

Sounds like turkey hunting. Hope u get one.

GAMHUNTER35

yea he can wait them out glad he on them cant seem to say the right thing to them they gobble on the roost but go quiet only going to be able to hunt thurs going to try some new land just hope the birds or on the right side of the river