Team 14 - The Offical “Box Call Bandits”

Swamprat

Swamprat
Without GAMHUNTER35 blessing (he did not respond quick enough LOL) which we had a majority vote (me and antharper) we are now named "Box Call Bandits"

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Ok sounds good to me been scouting got 2 found for this weekend

Nothing better than taking a kid , I hope one of us can get it done this weekend , may be a wet one but we gonna give it a shot !

Swamprat

Swamprat
Went this evening to listen/roost. Had one tree gobble right before dark maybe two hundred yards from where I was posted.

My dilema is the opener here this weekend. Possibly kill a bird bird but won't count for the contest and more than likely won't be two weeks before I get back there cause I will be in GA.

Gonna take my chances and lay off and hope nobody else finds him. He is close to 2 miles off the road along a creek bottom. Farms outside the bottom but they rarely get hunted for birds especially after the first two weeks.

GAMHUNTER35

i want to go chase a Osceola one day just cant make the time yet got some land in ala i can hunt so going to try an hold out for a 3 year olds

antharper

Staff member
Turkeys

Went and ran a disk threw my chufa last Saturday and put up a couple cams and had pics of gobblers every day, several gobblers !

Attachments

• 740E8F5E-C44A-4F8B-88EF-B137B67D08F9.jpg
    740E8F5E-C44A-4F8B-88EF-B137B67D08F9.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 141

antharper

Staff member
Another

Kinda worried that they are gonna disappear because I had 700 pics since Saturday and not the first hen

Attachments

• B10B37DE-4564-4E86-8C13-7BD02A5D1F0C.jpg
    B10B37DE-4564-4E86-8C13-7BD02A5D1F0C.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 136

GAMHUNTER35

What times hav y'all been hearing them gobble in the am 6.30 is the earliest for me an 8:30 Is the latest in the woods now going try an roost 1 for the am

antharper

Staff member
I’ve only listened a couple times and heard a couple real early about like usual, when the first crows wake up , gonna be raining where I’m at in the morning !

GAMHUNTER35

well got 1 roosted for the am and i got youngin ready so maybe we will get him his 1st tom was all alone so maybe he will come in in the morning just worried that he is the only one on my place

antharper

Staff member
Maybe he’s just an old one and has em all being quite or run off , good luck in the morning !

antharper

Staff member
My daughter

Alright guys I got the fever and it feels good

Attachments

• 32070AA3-A233-401C-A546-2B98BBB8A3AA.png
    32070AA3-A233-401C-A546-2B98BBB8A3AA.png
    831.5 KB · Views: 128

Swamprat

Swamprat
I went this morning for our FL opener.

Had two hens yelp just a little after seven this morning then one lone gobble 30 seconds later all within a few hundred yards of me.

I yelped back one time with no response so I just went silent.

Nothing for over an hour. I then hard putted/clucked a few times and heard a faint putt. Purred and clucked for a few seconds. 20 minutes later I see 2 hens working thru the bottom some 100 yards from me with another bird hanging back. The two hens get within 60 yards and peel away from me with the third bird never getting closer than 80 yards with no good visual but had a feeling it was the gobbler.

Hens get out of site so I putted and yelped once more. One of the hens circled back 10 minute later but got bored and left. The direction they first were going was into private property so I went down the bottom another 300 yards or so and called a few times with nothing. Packed it in around 11:45. Only heard one shot this morning so it must have been quiet for a lot of folks around me.

Upside was I saw 5 deer, one was a good buck and found an area that was tore up with rubs from late last year/early this year.

Oh yeah....congrats to the young lady.

GAMHUNTER35

yea heard 1 gobblin but he wouldn't come in tried moving an he got quiet so be bac after them sat on wma land. congrads to your daughter

antharper

Staff member
Me and my daughter went back to same area this morning and had 3 gobbling on the roost and they got quite after fly down and about 9 we got one fired up pretty good but never could get him to come in !

Swamprat

Swamprat
Can't make GA opening weekend due to other commitments so have to go to plan D for down here.

Checked 3 of my spots this afternoon and they are all flooded out from yesterdays rain and the creeks/river are still rising. Gonna push all the birds off the WMA into private land.

My plan D spot is 1 1/2 hours away and I have not even scouted it. Got an idea where to start but with public land you just don't know how hard it has been hammered the past 2 weeks.

Be up in GA for 4 days Easter weekend. Good luck to you all this weekend for the opener.

antharper

Staff member
Good luck to u also , I’m gonna be after one , gotta Work Monday-Wednesday next week then I’ll be off til April 3rd , hope to have some good weather !