Team 16 "Pecker Wreckers"

bubbafowler

I'm here. Haven't had any good land in last couple years ago i haven't played. But I acquired two new tracts this year ago hopefully I can produce like the last time i played.

liv2bowhunt

Here as well. Had a slow year last year due to the birth of my son on cinco de mayo! Funny how things like that get in the way of wreckin peckers. Hope to make up for lost time! How bout pecker wreckers as team name!

JoPa

Hello you all, JoPa checking in. Looking forward to this years' challenge. Liv2bowhunt congrats on the new addition to the family. Pecker Wreckers sounds good, hopefully I can wreck a few for us this year. I'm in Burke county.

bubbafowler

I'm in coweta and meriwether. Don't mind the name but it is normally used every year. Typically by a group of the call makers or people who use the calls. I went to place some trail cameras on my new tract last night and found out that the owner is letting his cousin who is one of those hunt every day really good turkey hunters who doesn't kill everything he calls in. Means he'll be there frequently and he'll either kill them our educate them. I'm highly disappointed but I only lease deer rights. I can turkey hunt but that opens it up for him too. Desperately looking for new tract.

liv2bowhunt

I'm in troup, meriwether, Harris, and hunt down south in dodge and telfair. Also hunt bama. So hopefully I'll be able to find a few birds!

bubbafowler

Man you need to let me tag along. You're just south of me. And I've killed in Troup, Harris, and meriwether. Heck I work in Troup.

JoPa

I heard prob 6-7 birds last sat morn right after sunrise. I think it is going to be an early season over here.

liv2bowhunt

Will either hit up bama this weekend or plow firebreaks to try and burn soon! Getting late but still want to get it done.

bubbafowler

Well i got two pictures on some private land. Unfortunately right behind them comes a guy riding his Polaris ranger with his German Shepard in the back right. Looks like I'll be spending my season here chasing poachers and trespassers instead of turkeys.

liv2bowhunt

Plowed firebreaks yesterday and saw a strutter with about 12 hens in pasture that borders me. Got a little competition to deal with.

bubbafowler

I saw one strutting on my property with hens but this new tract and I think this weekend I will spend more time chasing poachers. But maybe I can still kill him Saturday. Will take ground blind since it gonna rain. Not my normal way of hunting but it works

bubbafowler

Well apparently my birds chose today to change their pattern. Heard them gobble once. Nothing seen or heard rest of day. Calling for a youth tomorrow so unless two come in I won't be shooting.

liv2bowhunt

Burned one tract yesterday. Couldn't get a permit for the other due to wind direction and proximity to interstate.

bubbafowler

I went this morning to my friends land and heard nothing anywhere. Gonna go for a short hunt in the morning to where birds were roosted Saturday morning and hope they're still in the area.