Team 16 "Pecker Wreckers"

JoPa

I heard a few on Sat, had one coming but then he must have got with a hen. Pretty quiet the rest of the day. Sunday morning had one fly down in front of me but just could not get him to come my way. Very quiet weekend.

bubbafowler

I went yesterday evening trying to catch them in field. I got there a hair too late and they were already walking out. Watched him strut at 100 yards but could not turn them back into field. Stayed until they flew up but couldn't go after them this morning.

liv2bowhunt

Hunted a new tract this morning to no avail. Birds were quiet this morning in my part of south ga woods. Only heard the yard birds across the road fire off a couple of times.

bubbafowler

I found my field birds mid morning Saturday but they wouldn't budge with their hens and i had to prevent a divorce and leave them. Maybe next time.

bubbafowler

These same birds been driving me crazy. They were gobbling like crazy at 100 yards this morning for an hour but this time I couldn't get them to come into the field. And this property is only field. Can't hunt in the woods where they were. I've been all over them it's just a matter of time before one dies. Will be Hunting with my buddy on his land this weekend but we'll see what happens.

liv2bowhunt

One of my lease members killed a good one this mornin on the piece I burned couple weeks ago! One less bird for the taking��!

bubbafowler

Better get after them yourself. I was supposed to be on my buddies land in morning but he driving from Minnesota and got in a wreck then broke down so he won't make it in morning. Guess I'll try my field birds again.

JoPa

Bubba: Very nice bird, congrats, way to get us out of the cellar. Only thing I have seen in range have been jakes, but I did hear more gobbling last weekend than I have all season so far, maybe the moon? Can't go Easter weekend but will be back at it the following weekend.

bubbafowler

Finally getting my mojo back. Called in two groups of birds this morning. Buddy that in town for week killed on from first group. The other pair came in range but from way we didn't expect and no one got a shot

bubbafowler

I've been doing allot of calling and working birds. Good gobbling. It's just been for others on their land with them being behind the gun. I know my two are still in my field with the hens almost daily. Just haven't had time to hunt them.

bubbafowler

Well guys my bonus points got disqualified because I didn't have the date verification in the pictures. Totally my fault. Sorry.

JoPa

Going to go out after them this weekend too. Hope to find one that would like to take an active role in the process!!!

liv2bowhunt

Got the stomach bug last weekend so I was outta commission for a while. Hope to get a chance to go this weekend. Running out of time and I'm way behind where I usually am at this point on kill count!

bubbafowler

Man i got tempted last weekend. Pair of boss strutting Jake's lined up at 20 yards. But i didn't do it. No hunting this weekend for me. Maybe Monday after i drop the children off at school and daycare.