Team 17

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Quack Attack 101
Melvin4730
Charrdad

Folks good luck to everyone this season.Just to make sure everyone is on the same page please look at the example pics before taking you kill pics and bonus pics and entering them. These pics are the way yours should look. The judges will be tougher this season than last so pay attention to detail. Nothing worse than seeing someone not getting the points because they didn't follow directions. Text your pics to your teammates or post them on your team thread and make sure the team agrees with your pics before posting in the weekly kill thread. The date has to be shown in the pics and pics need to be clear and readable. Good luck!!

Last edited:

QuackAttack101

Hey guys. I'm Trey. Headed to FL for a 4 day Osceola hunt and also going to hunt AL for a few days while I'm over there for a wedding. Other than that, it'll be between GA public land and my hunting club. Where do you guys live?

I can have guests at my club after opening weekend if y'all ever want to chase them together. Got about 2,000 acres in Meriwhether county that doesn't really get hunted too much.

QuackAttack101

Also, I PM'd Charrdad too. Hopefully he joins us because I believe he's going out west to a place where he can all but guarantee some turkeys.

CharrDad

I'm here guys. I'm located in Cumming, GA and will be hunting one of the local WMA, some club property in SC and yeah, if the good Lord's willing a quick trip out west (fingers crossed). It looks like we're all metro-Atlanta guys, let's plan to get together for a few hunts.

QuackAttack101

Sounds good to me. I plan to be in the woods every weekend of the season, so just let me know when y'all want to team up sometime

QuackAttack101

Ah no good. I heard a few this weekend but couldn't get one to cooperate.

Some buddies and I are headed to FL to chase Osceola's this weekend/early next week. Then headed to Alabama for a wedding and going to hunt public land there for a few days. Hopefully I'll be on the board in one of those states.

CharrDad

I was a no-show last weekend (family commitments) but will be hunting public land this Saturday. Y'all holler if you want to hook up. Six-seven-eight, three-two-seven, Fifty-eight, zero-two.
Good luck!

Melvin4730

I’ve walked across Georgia. I can’t find a gobbling bird. I called in one the opening morning. I heard a bird gobble one time. I sat down and called a little. About 20 minutes latter I heard a hen call, and a saw a group of hens headed a way from me about 80 yards out. I sat there with my gun in my lap watching them feed down a hill. Out of the corner of my I see a white head out about 25 yards to my right. The old boy snuck in on me. I never got a chance to get my gun up. He stood there for a few seconds looking for me, then turned and trotted over to catch up with the hens. I saw him strutting out away from me about a hundred yards out. He never made another sound, and I haven’t heard another bird gobble since. I’m up in Rabun County the next couple days hunting. Maybe my luck will change in the morning, and I’ll find a gobbling bird.

CharrDad

Headed to Sheffield WMA tomorrow. I'll report back. Good luck Y'all.

QuackAttack101

Been slow for me so far. I've had 4 jakes within 20 yards and an osceola gobbler at 70 yards. Gonna keep after them though. One is bound to slip up sometime

CharrDad

Saw two hens (both were alone), no gobblers, and a ton of pickup trucks at Sheffield last weekend. But you're right Trey, One has to slip up soon...

CharrDad

Tough season for me too. Unfortunately, my out of state trip is on hold. I just found out I'm out of a job (temporarily) so all personal expenses are subject to recall :) I'm going to try to slip in a mid-week hunt either tomorrow or Thursday and see if I can surprise one. I'll keep y'all posted.