Team 18

armyvet4583

Heard one bird at 7 across the river and though the woods on the way to Grandma's house. Called a hen in to about 10yrds. Not the best of days for sure. WMA life.

Ricochet

Got close to a gobbler and 2 Jakes yesterday but couldn't seal the deal with them. Today was awful, but it looks promising (weather wise) for tomorrow.

Ricochet

5 point bird down this morning

Dang, I have a video...embedded video not working?

Last edited:

jeremy1217

good job !!! Was on them all weekend just to watch hens take them away. Got real close a couple times so maybe it wont be long before i can contribute

armyvet4583

Congrats man. I'm off for a week starting today. Hope I can get lucky. Only have heard a few birds since the season started. I'm ready.

Ricochet

I was so close this morning too. Lots of gobbling. Really thought it was going to happen. My setup was off by 20 yards.

armyvet4583

We had 2 different birds this morning less than 100yrds. Seen the top of one of their heads. He took the 5th row we chose the road. Tomorrow we try the 5th row. If he is in his same bed in the morning.

Ricochet

. Dead bird walkin.
I wish, surprised to see 3-4 gobblers still running around together and that's the problem they are all over the place and not roosting in the same general area. Plus, loggers are moving in right next to where they roosted that morning. Ugh! I will catch up with them soon here in SC. Then I'm off to hunt west Georgia near Rome at the end of the month and going back to GA again to help a friend the last weekend in GA's season May 12th. My last chance for a bird or 2 - if I strike out between now and then.

Ricochet

Tagged out in SC. I will post up my 2nd bird soon.

Ricochet

My 2nd bird has been posted. The spurs should make it a bonus bird. I had to work pretty hard to ambush this bad boy while he was strutting down a road with 3 hens. Luckily a canal ditch ran along that road and I was able to use it for cover, and get within 20 yards of him/them.
20180422_103049 by JP, on Flickr

Off to GA tomorrow after work! Hopefully my West Georgia honey hole will yield at least 1 more bird.