Team 3 “Beard Busters”

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Tomboy Boots
Maduro on Point
Sportsman94

Folks good luck to everyone this season.Just to make sure everyone is on the same page please look at the example pics before taking you kill pics and bonus pics and entering them. These pics are the way yours should look. The judges will be tougher this season than last so pay attention to detail. Nothing worse than seeing someone not getting the points because they didn't follow directions. Text your pics to your teammates or post them on your team thread and make sure the team agrees with your pics before posting in the weekly kill thread. The date has to be shown in the pics and pics need to be clear and readable. Good luck!!

Last edited:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Now I’m worried. Look at this team. It’s loaded with killers. Goodness
GL y’all.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
What’s up sportsman... good luck to y’all !

sportsman94

I’m here! Never seen any turkey around where I hunt but have seen buzzards. I think they probably like similar habitats. Looking forward to playing my gobbler sounds on the Fox pro in a couple weeks though.

Last edited:

Maduro on Point

checking in Good luck team,will be hunting mostly Greene Co.
Eric

Attachments

• IMAG0317.jpg
    IMAG0317.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 224
  • IMAG0131.jpg
    IMAG0131.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 224
  • IMAG0122.jpg
    IMAG0122.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 225
  • IMAG0121.jpg
    IMAG0121.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 228
  • IMAG0597.jpg
    IMAG0597.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

sportsman94

Looking good Eric! I got drawn for the first quota at ocmulgee wma. I called in a couple birds for a buddy who got drawn last year so hopefully I can get on one or two that week if the weather permits. Also going to be hunting Wilkinson, dodge, and Houston county. Any where I can go to find some turkeys.

My name is Hunter.

Maduro on Point

Good luck on that quota hunt. I got picked for Smithgall SP. 31st and 1st and then will do Warman with a friend. Nice meeting you hunter. Looks like Debbie is the 3rd member were in pretty good shape I think.

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Checking in! I'm looking forward to it :cheers:

Attachments

• turkey7e.JPG
    turkey7e.JPG
    269.9 KB · Views: 187

Maduro on Point

Long spur
Beard busters
Gobbler getters
All work for me, counting the days need to get onto the woods before my wife kills me from working the calls in the basement. .

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
The kids wore me out this weekend! I think I'll be bow hunting public land for the opener. It's almost time :cheers:

Attachments

• hunt1j.JPG
    hunt1j.JPG
    390.6 KB · Views: 153

Maduro on Point

LOL. ..nothing better. Looks like they had a good time...we put one on the ground and had a couple play with us for awhile. Nice way to start the season.

Attachments

• 3242018-1.jpg
    3242018-1.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 138

Maduro on Point

Slow hunt this AM. Had a couple gobble from the limb one time when he hit ground and then silence. Hope you guys are having better luck.
Will check in later heading to Smithgall SP Friday thru Sunday

Maduro on Point

Sorry guys the powers that be on this contest tell me they can't read the date on my phone so they're not going to count my bird

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-20-10-08-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-04-20-10-08-20.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_2018-04-20-10-08-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-04-20-10-08-25.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 65

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
We need more pictures in this team thread! I've hunted as hard this year as I've ever hunted... Bryce got his first gobbler and Josie got hers too :fine: I've seen and heard more this year than ever before too. I shot my first of the year and he was my first Illinois bird. He was roosted over the Little Wabash river. I watched him strutting and gobbling on the limb... He gobbled as I was walking in through a bottom to where I planned to set up and he was within shooting range. We leave for Mexico next weekend and I'm hoping to come home with a couple of Gould's. I've hunted public land in Georgia and been on a bird both times but they whipped me. I've sat on the banks of the Withlacoochee and listened to them gobbling all down the river... Great memories and it isn't over yet!

Attachments

• Brycegobbler2e.jpg
    Brycegobbler2e.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 49
  • hunt6f.JPG
    hunt6f.JPG
    410.7 KB · Views: 48
  • debbie1b.jpg
    debbie1b.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 49

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Thank you! I've never worked so hard for a turkey. It was definitely a hunt of a lifetime, so much more than I could have imagined, and I loved it.

Attachments

• Goulds1.jpg
    Goulds1.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 27
  • Goulds1bbb.jpg
    Goulds1bbb.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Goulds1aa.jpg
    Goulds1aa.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 27

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Beautiful terrains and sharp colorful birds !! What state?
That looks like a great time hunting.
Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Sonora, Mexico. It was a very rugged and beautiful place. I'd love to see it in September after the rainy season. That is when it really comes to life with everything green and flowers blooming everywhere. You could get a glimpse of that in a few places where there was still water in river bottoms.