Team 3 Gobbler Getters!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’m gonna go ahead and apologize to my teammates……sorry y’all got stuck with me! I’m a hunter alright, just not much of a killer! I would like to get a group text together so I can share my epic fails with y’all in real time.
We gonna have a great time and maybe this will be the year of the underdog……I’m also game for any name!

devolve

First time signing up for this. Been here for a very long time. Turkeys and ducks are all I care about and duck season is over. I’ll be hunting 3 states this year. Fingers crossed for another good year. good luck everyone

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
First time signing up for this. Been here for a very long time. Turkeys and ducks are all I care about and duck season is over. I’ll be hunting 3 states this year. Fingers crossed for another good year. good luck everyone
Woohoo! That’s what I’m talking about! We gonna have a great time, but I may have to put it off for a bit as I have a home project I’m in deep with. Somehow I don’t think it’ll deter me too much!

mike1225

I've got to go with my Grandson in the morning but then I'm on my own for a few days.

mike1225

Well plans change. Grandson didn't get the gobbler Saturday morning. He gobbled really good but the hens flew down to him & away they went. My good friend shows up & we've been trying to help him out. He killed one with his bow & we've been trying to get his 2nd gobbler. He's leaving tomorrow & maybe I can try to get the cobb webs out of my barrel.

devolve

Same, Sunday morning 6 hens flew down. He flew down silent. Followed the hens away. Watched them in the wide open 200 yards away for 40 min. I got him to gobble 1X. It was good to hear that first gobble of the season.
There is a briar patch they bugged around for 10 minutes. It’s the only cover in 27 acres of pasture. I spent 30 min with my pruners making a hole into it big enough for me to not stick out. Saturday morning this is where I will be for fly down.
B95AEEF4-8C93-4B36-A415-D391D6B0A0E0.jpeg

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Way to get us on the board Mike!! Woohoo! I heard them this am, but they were on the other side of the line. It was great to hear that first gobble this am…..and they were hammering it all morning! I got a few answers but none came my way…….I can chase after them next week though :rockon:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Hunted real hard Tuesday and Wednesday but never heard a thing, saw a few hens. I got no birds………probably time to get the boat out.

devolve

Public land I’ve never stepped foot on this morning. Heard a gobble at 6:33 500 yards away. I waited for a confirmation gobble, got it and off I went. Cut the distance to 200. He gobbled again, cut it to 100. He’s on the other side of the ridge from me. He has gobbled 8-10 times from the exact same spot. I pick a tree 35 yards from the crest of the ridge to sit against. I still haven’t made the first call yet. As I’m sitting down a bird busts out from my right and flys off. I never new it was there. Looked small, I waited…….10 min go by and he gobbled again!! Still in the same spot just over the crest from me. I gave him some light yelps, gobbled again. Then a hen down in the bottom yelped. 10 min later he gobbled again……down in the bottom……with the hen. I feel like he was laughing at me ?
He let me know how far away he was getting over the next 30 min.