Team 3 "Trifecta"

goblr77

We're pulling out for TN around lunchtime today. It's gonna be a cold morning tomorrow but maybe the birds will cooperate.

Jethro8410

Good luck. I'm gonna try to go in the am and get on one maybe. I saw a huge gobbler across the field the other day just strutting around like he was the only thing the world but unfortunately I was on a tractor and didn't have a gun

goblr77

Doubled up with my brother right off the roost. Back at camp enjoying a cup of coffee.

goblr77

Posted the TN bird. Should have bonus points for spurs. The KY bird was a 6 pointer with the beard over 10" but I already have a 6 point triple beard to use for the wild card later.

Are you guys on anything this weekend?

goblr77

Didn't get my brother a bird in KY before the weather moved in. We came home yesterday after missing a couple days at work. This finishes off my turkey season unless I tag along with someone else or my daughter decides to forego a fishing trip or two to kill another one. This road trip has worn me down.

Last edited:

Jethro8410

Didn't make it yesterday but I went this morning and heard absolutely nothing. I guess the water level has um spooked and moved out but IDK. In gonna try to go a few mornings this week

Jethro8410

It was quite as a Monday morning church Sunday morning when I went. Haven't been since but I'm planning on going to weekend. You hearing much?

goblr77

It was quite as a Monday morning church Sunday morning when I went. Haven't been since but I'm planning on going to weekend. You hearing much?

I haven't been hunting with anyone since the TN and KY trip. I stand on my back porch and listen a few minutes every morning before I leave for work. There's one within earshot that's been gobbling a few mornings the past week or so. My brother is still hearing birds in another county where he hunts. BTW, I just posted the opening day triple beard in the wildcard thread. That one will replace my 5 point bird.

Jethro8410

Got about as close as you get without killing him this am. He was strutting in a woods road and we sat up and started calling and he committed. Got within about 3 steps of where I needed him to be for me to shoot and turned and walked in the woods. Came back out a few minutes later shaking himself off and had 2 hens with him. They walked across the road and out of my life