Team 5 “Noggin Knockers”

huckhgh

Glad I went last weekend for youth day. All my stuff's ready to go (I've tried to talk myself into using a vest but just really don't like them. Too cumbersome. Too hot. All my stuff's packed in a Tom Teaser bag and ready to go).

Is your bag the "over the shoulder" adjustable strap? I started using a Tom Teaser's bag last year and it's so much lighter and mobile.

Only issue is my hunting "buddies" call it my purse! Haha

Huck

GAMHUNTER35

still trying to get permission to hunt some land where I hav been seeing birds but havnt had any luck yet not looking to good for this weekend but I will be out there trying

Bubba_1122

Is your bag the "over the shoulder" adjustable strap? I started using a Tom Teaser's bag last year and it's so much lighter and mobile.

Only issue is my hunting "buddies" call it my purse! Haha

Huck
Yea - mine has the strap.
Would prefer to have it a little more stiffness to the material. Have thought about buying an online computer bag with a shoulder strap to tote my stuff around.

huckhgh

Yea - mine has the strap.
Would prefer to have it a little more stiffness to the material. Have thought about buying an online computer bag with a shoulder strap to tote my stuff around.

Nice, I think we probably have the same one.

It would be nice if it were a bit more sturdy but I do love all of the pockets it has.

Good luck!

Bubba_1122

Allright, guys. Hopefully the first of many for the Noggin Knockers.

Killed this one at about 7:35 this morning at 22 yards with a Tristar 410 shooting #9 TSS. Had 1 3/16" spurs (just short of bonus) and a 10 1/2" beard.
Had birds gobbling hard to my left and my head was looking that direction when this bird came in quiet from my right. Thankfully he was strutting with his fan towards me, dropped his tail and raised his head way up. Boom!

All in all a mighty fun hunt (especially since I haven't been hearing gobbling when I've gone out from the week prior to youth week to now and my expectations were low).

I went fishing this afternoon at a pond that can have some big bass. A perfect day would have been to kill a turkey with a 10 inch beard and then catch a 10# bass. That'd have to be some kind of redneck Grand Slam. Unfortunately, what I caught was a lot closer to 10 ounces than 10 pounds.

The hunting and the fishing were about as great a way to self isolate as I could imagine.

Attachments

• IMG_0038-2.jpg
    IMG_0038-2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Looks like a good day for sure. We will get after them. Got close this morning had one at about 60 yds in between some pine trees and brush. I couldnt convince him to come through the junk brush. Something to chase next weekend though.

Bubba_1122

Got close this morning had one at about 60 yds in between some pine trees and brush. I couldnt convince him to come through the junk brush. Something to chase next weekend though.
We'll stay on em.

I'm gonna try to go for a couple of quick sits this week. Will be back after them hard this weekend.

GAMHUNTER35

my birds are still with hens but at least I got 1 on my hunting land going bac in the am when I get off from fire dept

Bubba_1122

A little flusterated today. Had time for a short sit this morning. Had sighted a bird yesterday in general area. My hopes were high, but no show this morning.

I also think I must have bought skeeter attractant pads instead of skeeter repellent pads for the Thermacell. My goodness they were bad (I'll carry 2 Thermacells next time).

GAMHUNTER35

well going bac in the am to wma last day of quota hunt maybe I will get lucky. going to try an get up a little earlier to beat folks there going to try an stay all day if I get on some on the roost

Bubba_1122

I caught 2 bass on a very short trip this morning. Caught 7 on Saturday, which was a lot of fun. Just not seen much to be encouraged about the turkey hunting spot. Bass are biting. Wandered away from turkey hunting for a week or so.

Heard Toxy Haas from Mossy Oak talking on TV show about how when not hearing or seeing turkeys but we know they're there we have to just push through it and keep hunting (or something along that line). I need to refocus on turkeys (drove through property this morning to see if farmer had anything goin on and actually saw a turkey track on the sand road. Has been a while).