Team 8 ‘Short Spurs’

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Huck I tried to do a group text with us 3 and Toolmkr got it , did u ?

huckhgh

Was at my (my daughters )best hunting spot today setting some traps and seen a fine sight , about 20 jakes and hens and 3 big strutters , going tomorrow and lightly disk up some chufa and hopefully my daughter connects on one this weekend , her last year hunting early , snapped a couple pictures with my phone View attachment 1006479View attachment 1006480

Man, what a sight! I hope you and your daughter have a blast on Saturday. My daughter just turned 5 and has been trying to learn how to run a mouth call recently. My wife loves all the yelping and screeching we've had going on every night! Haha

huckhgh

Good luck to y’all Ant. Gonna try to get my son on one myself on Saturday. Hopefully the rain will hold off.

How old is your son? I hope y'all have a great hunt! I remember going with my dad like it was yesterday. We only ever killed 1 until I was 17 but we had the best times.

Good luck!

Huck

toolmkr20

How old is your son? I hope y'all have a great hunt! I remember going with my dad like it was yesterday. We only ever killed 1 until I was 17 but we had the best times.

Good luck!

Huck

Thanks, he’s 13. Yep he’s definitely excited.

toolmkr20

Welp they canceled school for two weeks. Looks like I’ll get to take him in the evenings too next week.

antharper

Staff member
Well we ready for in the morning , I put us up a blind in a chufa plot that they working on pretty good just in case nothing wants to cooperate the first couple of hours , we’ll spend late morning in it , not my style but it works especially with a kid , calls tuned, clothes sprayed down with permithon , good luck in the morning , I’ll be waiting on a text !

antharper

Staff member
It’s just for the weekend. I’ll have to take him in the evenings the second week he’s out.
He’s trying to be funny ?, several years ago when they first started the youth season I just figured it was just like the youth deer season and me and my daughter hunted all week , and I think I told him about it ! Y’all quit messing with toolmkr, Beagler had him believing all Wmas were closed due to coronavirus , he was wanting him priority points back ?

toolmkr20

He’s trying to be funny ?, several years ago when they first started the youth season I just figured it was just like the youth deer season and me and my daughter hunted all week , and I think I told him about it ! Y’all quit messing with toolmkr, Beagler had him believing all Wmas were closed due to coronavirus , he was wanting him priority points back ?

I really did think he was serious lol. I was just speaking on behalf of the other hunters as far as the points. I took the get a point option this year. I would’ve been hot though.

antharper

Staff member
I seen where someone had a great dove shoot once. Posted pics and the day.
It was out. I PMed them and they changed the dates to that weekend.
Yeah I seen that to , some people need to read the regs better

antharper

Staff member
We heard a couple yesterday and had one gobbling good , he got about 100yds and got quite and I figured he’d show up at any minute but never did , got in our blind on chufa patch and just relaxed and talked for a couple hours and had a jake and 5 hens come in and feed a while , went fishing this morning