Team "Stickem" strategy thread

BowanaLee

Boys, these bucks seem to be hanging around. I thought about trying for that 10 pt at the stump mineral site but that wide 8 is going to score more under the new rules. Hes about 10 miles away. Theres also a dang nice 8 pt that I better not get mixed up with ? Hes got a kicker on his base. They live in the same hedge thicket. Also got a new 10 to show up at the hole in the fence stand. Hes pretty much taken over that place. Tons of pics. He just won't score great under the new rules ? The way it looks now, I'll be set up on the wide 8 opening day. Hes right under my tree in the pics. You can see white paint on my tree where I cut two limbs and theres a tree stump at base of my tree. Its a big creek crossing.
Look for me to STICKEM in the creek. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Attachments

• 1195.jpg resized.jpg
    1195.jpg resized.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 590
  • 2451.jpg resized.jpg
    2451.jpg resized.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 596
  • 2436.jpg resized.jpg
    2436.jpg resized.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 590
  • 2345.jpg resized.jpg
    2345.jpg resized.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 592
  • 2340.jpg resized.jpg
    2340.jpg resized.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 587
  • 4595.jpg resized.jpg
    4595.jpg resized.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 576
  • 2887.jpg resized.jpg
    2887.jpg resized.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 572
  • 2742.jpg resized.jpg
    2742.jpg resized.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 564
Last edited:

BOWROD

Looking good Lee,,,I kinda feel sorry for them bucks ,, their days are numbered !!!! I know y'all will have a Strong year ,,,,,STICK"EM ,,!!!

I'm gonna have to work for them this year, probably take at least 3 weeks to limit out.

BowanaLee

This weather change has me worried. As if the velvet shedding disappearing act wasn't bad enough ? facepalm:

BowanaLee

No smackennie, you can't go hunt with Todd. ::ke: :bounce:

BowanaLee

I don't know how bad I'm going to get it but I got two tubes of cortisone 10 on the way home. After checking a new camera I set out last week, this was the spot ! :cool:
I had to clean off broom stick sized poison ivy vines as I climbed 30' up. I washed up with sand and water in the creek then showered at home. My throat is scratchy from breathing the bark/root dust. :hair:
Won't know for a few days how bad its going to be ? ::; ::; ....This rascal was watching me drive in. Look to the left and you can see the power lines on the main hwy. I got something for him if he shows sat. :cool:

Last two pics are from my regular spot. I got him there too but I didn't get as many bucks there.

Attachments

• 274.jpg resized.jpg
    274.jpg resized.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 455
  • 226.jpg resized.jpg
    226.jpg resized.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 465
  • 171.jpg resized.jpg
    171.jpg resized.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 460
  • 166.jpg resized.jpg
    166.jpg resized.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 468
  • 111.jpg resized.jpg
    111.jpg resized.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 459
  • 283.jpg resized.jpg
    283.jpg resized.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 456
  • 1307.jpg resized.jpg
    1307.jpg resized.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 454
  • 1377.jpg resized.jpg
    1377.jpg resized.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 461
Last edited:
It was a good morning seen a bunch of deer passed on a 8pt that will go 114-115 challenge points. I'm gonna hold back a few days and see If one of the bruiser bucks wants to test his luck.
IMG_6851.JPG

IMG_6853.JPG

IMG_6854.JPG

BowanaLee

Don't get in a hurry for a buck buddy. Its still early in the 1st round. :cheers:
All I saw was 3 doe but I wasn't doe hunting there. Back at it tomorrow ! :shoot:

BOWROD

Congratulations Lee !!!! You were Due a Goodn ,,!!! 10 pts are nice but those 20' eight points out score them every time !!!!! Way to Stickem !!!!

BowanaLee

Congratulations Lee !!!! You were Due a Goodn ,,!!! 10 pts are nice but those 20' eight points out score them every time !!!!! Way to Stickem !!!!

You got that right BOWROD ! The rules were changed. I had to roll with the flow. ....Oh, more points on the way for team Stick-em ! ...This ones gonna sting boys. Were holding the lead all the way through.

Last edited:

BowanaLee

Going to the hedge thickets on doe patrol. Won't be long ! :shoot:

BowanaLee

I'm on doe patrol boys. The word is already out so this won't be easy. All I can do is hunt thickets where I see the bushes shaking from them trembling. I'll get em sooner or later. :shoot:

Kris87

I might take my boys crossbow this weekend just to see how far away I can shoot one. ;)

BowanaLee

I was all in em today. At one time there was 5-6 feeding and a couple under me at the stump lick. Held off because that 10 is still hanging around.
I have pics of him on the 17th 18th and last night. First time I ever got pics of him slicked out. Going back and set up in a slightly different tree tomorrow. ::;

Attachments

• 2905.jpg resized.jpg
    2905.jpg resized.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

BowanaLee

I didn't see the 10 but I couldn't hold this killn machine back any more. It took an expert to even hit this one.
Big, little, short or tall, I eats em all. I loves em every one. :D

BowanaLee

Out ! :shoot:

Attachments

• 024.jpg resized.jpg
    024.jpg resized.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 87