Telecheck Results 2022 *Updated 5/16. Final numbers

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Here are a few words since we say only effects a few so only a few would get effected.

Today, however, only 11.5 million people in the United States actually hunt. That's less than 4% of the national population.Jan 27, 2021

Now what if that same argument was used to stop all hunting. by the anti ,Like the fla Bear.

You are spot on and shrinking everyday.

Our DNR is promoting R3 to get more hunters in the woods since we have lost a lot of licensed hunters, moved, died, lost interest, etc.

R3: Recruitment, Retention and Reactivation (nssf.org)

No more hijacking from me

Last edited:

Gut_Pile

One thing to look at, with the shortened season, is the avg # of turkeys killed per day over the past 7 seasons

2016 - 53 day season. 11,216 checked. 212 per day
2017 - 54 day season. 11,465 checked. 212 per day
2018 - 56 day season. 11,674 checked. 208 per day
2019 - 56 day season. 11,521 checked. 206 per day
2020 - 58 day season. 14,412 checked. 248 per day
2021 - 59 day season. 12,174 checked. 206 per day
2022 - 46 day season. 9,747 checked. 212 per day

Gut_Pile

Now let's look at the public

2016 - 53 day season. 1,197 checked. 26 per day
2017 - 54 day season. 1,520 checked. 28 per day
2018 - 56 day season. 1,370 checked. 24 per day
2019 - 56 day season. 1,338 checked. 23 per day
2020 - 58 day season. 1,866 checked. 32 per day
2021 - 59 day season. 1,651 checked. 28 per day
2022 - 31* day season. 843 checked. 27 per day

*Some WMA's had 24 day season due to starting Quota hunts on April 16

Sixes

Always good info.

I wonder what the percentage of the hunters using the game check in 2022 is compared to 2016, I would have to think more hunters use the game check correctly with each passing year.

If the numbers are fairly accurate for year over year, it shows that not a lot of hunters were killing 3 birds a year.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Always good info.

I wonder what the percentage of the hunters using the game check in 2022 is compared to 2016, I would have to think more hunters use the game check correctly with each passing year.

If the numbers are fairly accurate for year over year, it shows that not a lot of hunters were killing 3 birds a year.

I don't know the percentages for turkey, but for deer compliance with Game Check was pretty high the first year (~70% reporting rate) and then it declined a little bit. When we reduced the reporting window from 72 to 24 hours it jumped back up.

Sixes

I don't know the percentages for turkey, but for deer compliance with Game Check was pretty high the first year (~70% reporting rate) and then it declined a little bit. When we reduced the reporting window from 72 to 24 hours it jumped back up.
Thanks for the info.

Huntinfool

The changes definitely made my season tougher. But I'm still 100% in support of what happened. I fully believe it's going to help bring Georgia back to the status it held 15-20 years ago when we had one of the strongest populations in the country.

I'll sacrifice a year or two of struggle for decades of strength in population.

We definitely need to prioritize predator hunting. But these changes will help a bunch in my opinion.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
The changes definitely made my season tougher. But I'm still 100% in support of what happened. I fully believe it's going to help bring Georgia back to the status it held 15-20 years ago when we had one of the strongest populations in the country.

We definitely need to prioritize predator hunting. But these changes will help a bunch in my opinion.
The changes caused a extra Tom to live at one of my spots.
I was not ok with the changes at first. But now after experiencing the changes this year I think I'm just fine with them now. I'll be excited to hunt that Tom next year as an older long spurred bird.
I agree, prioritize predator huntin 100 percent! I've even been having thought to donate a prize to the GON magazine coyote cull for next spring. I think making that event bigger would be easy if we think about it.

Gaswamp

love the optimism

WOODIE13

WOODIE13

WOODIE13

Seriously, we welcome you all, just no fence jumping or trespassing 2023

Latest posts