Temporary Lakefront Livn

Greene728

We have been wanting to visit there due to West Point campgrounds becoming so busy and close so early. Any sites you'd recommend?

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
If getn close to the beach isnt a desire...the Old Mill Loop area is nice. 1-12 are huge spots with lots of shade and as seperated as you'll find.. Higher numbers have some pretty steep downward transitions to the leveled area. Lots of different combos camped and seems everybody adapts, but I have read reviews where some have had issues. Everything is basically waterfront.

RedHills

We used to camp at Cotton Hill 40 years ago when it was much more rustic. It's always been a beautiful place to camp with some good fishing right off the bank. Great childhood memories from that place.

They tried to knock the yellow paint off the popper this morning...didnt hook the first one!

Artfuldodger

That was our favorite campground when we lived in Albany in the 90's. We went so much my wife said "can we eventually go somewhere else other than Cotton Hill?"
We went to see some old vessel at the state park while camping there. It is no where near as nice as Cotton Hill. Fort Gaines had a nice historic park and we caught a Hot Rod Car show one trip.

We got a tour of the Dill House on one trip. Some couple had just bought it for a B&B and was redoing it. He did a good job as our tour guide.
Sometimes my whole family from Douglas would come over and camp with us. Fond memories.

RedHills

That was our favorite campground when we lived in Albany in the 90's. We went so much my wife said "can we eventually go somewhere else other than Cotton Hill?"
We went to see some old vessel at the state park while camping there. It is no where near as nice as Cotton Hill. Fort Gaines had a nice historic park and we caught a Hot Rod Car show one trip.

We got a tour of the Dill House on one trip. Some couple had just bought it for a B&B and was redoing it. He did a good job as our tour guide.
Sometimes my whole family from Douglas would come over and camp with us. Fond memories.

We spent some time in Ft Gaines at the Historic spot. Got some pics....looks like they are struggling funding keeping stuff in nice shape. Lot of work needed to present the buildings how they should be......had a short wade session this morning :)

FB_IMG_1623872400682.jpg