Tent Campers! Let's See What You've Got!

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Here is my set up:

CampClarksHill.jpg

The red tent is a 2 room, 7' tall walk-in with cyclone venting. It is equipped with a queen sized folding frame that is 30" tall complete with air mattress.

No more crawling in and out of the tent and plenty of room to relax and read when the weather kicks up.

We have a bug net for the picnic table and the little gray tent is the "guest house".

The folding kitchen makes cooking and washing dishes a breeze.

Everything is stored in plastic tubs with an inventory list taped to the inside lid of each tub and it all fits, barely, in the bed of my crewcab F-150.

If we make a snap decision to go camping it takes 10 minutes to be loaded up. Setting up camp takes just over 1 hour and putting it all back int the truck takes a couple of hours.

DSC03408.jpg

Randy

I like the way you make her carry all the stuff while you sit around.

I am much simpler. I have a one man tent if it is just me for one day. I have a two man tent if it is me for a few days. I have a three man tent if my wife or girlfriend wants to go.

I don't do all that washing stuff. It's paper and pastic for me. And most times it is quick easy foods. I am not camping to eat. I will roast a hotdog over the fire but most times it is cold sandwiches and chips. I never camp more than about 3 days anyway. More than that and I'm getting a motel.

Just this year I got an air mattress. I usually just sleep on a thin sleeping pad.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I like the way you make her carry all the stuff while you sit around.

If you only knew.:love:

As far as the eating goes? We really enjoy camp cooking. Chili, steaks, fresh fish (when we're lucky), grilled veggies, pancake, omlette etc.

Not much better than a fine meal in camp.

BubbaD

If you only knew.:love:

As far as the eating goes? We really enjoy camp cooking. Chili, steaks, fresh fish (when we're lucky), grilled veggies, pancake, omlette etc.

Not much better than a fine meal in camp.

For some reason the food (Especially Breakfast) taste better while camping :bounce:

Minner

For some reason the food (Especially Breakfast) taste better while camping :bounce:

Sure does. I especially love deer tenderloins when I'm camping. We do a lot of deer-burger steaks as well.

Jeff, I don't have any pics of my camp set up but it's a decent sized tent that will hold two twin sized air mattress with plenty of room left over. It's probably about 6.5 feet tall in the center.

Here's what I want to acquire next for my camping set-up: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&parentType=index&indexId=cat20112&hasJS=true

BubbaD

Sure does. I especially love deer tenderloins when I'm camping. We do a lot of deer-burger steaks as well.

Jeff, I don't have any pics of my camp set up but it's a decent sized tent that will hold two twin sized air mattress with plenty of room left over. It's probably about 6.5 feet tall in the center.

Here's what I want to acquire next for my camping set-up: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&parentType=index&indexId=cat20112&hasJS=true

Dude! You just made my day! Now I know what to ask the family for Christmas! Done! I'll print it and give it to them tonight so they do have to ask later :bounce:

Oh yeah and anything...especially deer, taste better off the grill while at camp ;)

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
here is a shot of ours on a "chickie" in the okefenokee swamp and in the port st joe state park. my bride was not with us in the swamp just a couple of buddies. if it is just me and ethan we use the 3 man. if it is all of us we use the coleman 10x12 and use the 3 man as a gear tent. it works good for us. i guess i am getting old because i cant handle the ground anymore, gotta have an air mattress to get any sleep !!!

Attachments

• IMGP1500.JPG
    IMGP1500.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 2,197
  • DSCF0824.JPG
    DSCF0824.JPG
    381 KB · Views: 2,227

Mako22

BANNED
This is us at Owl Creek near Sumatra Florida. The green tent is a 15 year old Eurika we got as a wedding present and the orange tent is an old early 80's Coleman 10x11 a friend gave me last Spring. My wife put a new roof on the Coleman tent that's why it is garnet colored.
camp.jpg

Hooty Hoot

Gone but not forgotten
I got back in to tent camping a couple of years ago. I really enjoy it during the mild weather of early fall. Sold my camper last year, so this year, it will be a tent camp for me. I like my comfort. I have a 30 foot tarp for cover. Pitch the tent on one end and still have plenty of room for tables to cook and wash dishes, store food etc... I sleep on an army cot. It is great. I'm done with the ground business. I've slept on my share of roots and rocks.

Don`t want to hijack the thread but I am looking for a new tent. 10x12 or so and absolutely waterproof. PM any suggestions.

seaweaver

the new self inflating mattress look nice.
When ever I "tent " it's minimal. Mostly just a 9x13 tarp. it and a light bag will pack into a 6 gallon bucket w/ a lid. A bucket is in valuable.
its a table, it holds water, bait, serves as a good head and keeps things dry.
cw

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Great looking set ups guys!

Boxcar, I sent you a PM. We're working on finding a link. As far as durability goes, it's an understatement to say that I am a pretty big feller and the frame holds up great.

BoxCallWillie

Great looking set ups guys!

Boxcar, I sent you a PM. We're working on finding a link. As far as durability goes, it's an understatement to say that I am a pretty big feller and the frame holds up great.

Thanks Jeff !

BCW

DEERFU

"First Up Canopy" from wally world with hanging tent. I have two of these and use the other one as a cook shack[open orwith wall kit] or as an escape from the bugs with the screen kit. Inexpensive and easy to use.
DSC01521.jpg
[/IMG]

7Mag Hunter

Don't tent camp much anymore since I've had campers, but still
have 4 tents used during my Grandsons Boy Scout days...Cots and air beds galore...Even a hot water machine !!!!!
Did not join a hunt club this year, so I may show up camping at some WMAs and the ONF this fall with my tents....

Love those big ole tents !!!!!