Tent suggestions?

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
i had a Coleman for many years but it has finally given up the ghost. My daughter "borrowed" it for a campout and they packed it wet after a rain and didn't tell me, so of course it's rotted now.
A friend had bought one at Wal-mart and it didn't last 3 months before the material just started tearing like paper.
I'm looking for a decent, waterproof( or at least resistant) , 10 x10 floor( or bigger), 6 ft. or better ceiling, and fairly simple to set up. i'd like to stay $200 or less.
Any tent ou there meet that criteria? Thanks for any suggestions, Robert

Lostoutlaw

Hey man Target has some there for like 179.00 two room and then a one room bout as big as you said ...

And if not mistaken they are coleman

allenww

I've used the "Coleman" 8x10, whether from discount houses or mailorder, for 40 years. When the last one died in the Rockies, we picked up another ($30!) and kept moving. $60 retail, $40 on sale, a good buy either way. The same tent comes both bigger and smaller.

Do the seams when you put it up the first time. Always use a liner under the floor.

Lasts about 60 nights before the poles, which are the weak point, go.

wa

greene_dawg

Just my opinion but with a 9x17 tent you can really limit yourself on campsites. I have a large coleman and I've often times been to state parks and had to pass up some of the better semi remote sites because the pad wasn't big enough for my tent. Just something to think about.

If you can look at REI.com you can find some good ones. If you are wanting to buy a good one that will be a good place to look at. REI makes a few good tents for around your price range. Also something that you can do is look for a scratch and dent sale at REI. If you are willing to wait in a line you can find some good deals.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10298931

I don't think you'll beat this deal!!:banana::banana:

9 X 17 three room Coleman:bounce:

I just got one. I was able to put it up and break it down by myself. I like it A LOT and the price was right!:fine:
well, they are out of stock online and my store in albany only had the sorry Ozark trails in stock.:banginghe
If you can look at REI.com you can find some good ones. If you are wanting to buy a good one that will be a good place to look at. REI makes a few good tents for around your price range. Also something that you can do is look for a scratch and dent sale at REI. If you are willing to wait in a line you can find some good deals.
Thanks, i'll check them out.