Texas game warden poaches, gets shot while poaching off duty, gets work comp and keeps his job.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
They defiantly should have defunded that one game warden.

Instead, they paid his medical bills and he represents the department on a reality show.

Redbow

They ain't gonna hurt their own unless they really have to...

ringorock

Poaching is really darn broad. It needs to be broken down to specific crimes and then punishment given based on the specific crime. I know this has been done to a degree, but game law needs to really have its own thing. Catching a bass by cast net and keeping it isn't on the same severity level as killing a rhino for its horn. Illegally killing a massive buck versus killing a button on doe days should carry different consequences. They don't. They should.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Poaching is really darn broad. It needs to be broken down to specific crimes and then punishment given based on the specific crime. I know this has been done to a degree, but game law needs to really have its own thing. Catching a bass by cast net and keeping it isn't on the same severity level as killing a rhino for its horn. Illegally killing a massive buck versus killing a button on doe days should carry different consequences. They don't. They should.
Ummm. You can kill a button buck on doe days. Their all considered antlerless

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Don’t mess with Texas!

Paleo

Dump Trump Movement CEO
I like how the game warden offered in defense that he reported the illegal kill to a fellow poacher who was his colleague at the TPWD.

He said he verbally reported his take to a state biologist who works at the wildlife management area. “My intent was not to be deceitful and hide my buck,” he said.

The internal affairs investigation also revealed that the biologist with the state agency — a friend of Fried’s who located him after he was shot — had also violated hunting rules during the 2013 hunting season.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Im not surprised.

I dont have a problem with them paying his medical bills while hes under investigation.

I do believe that law enforcement should be held to a higher standard. Breaking the law = termination.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Im not surprised.

I dont have a problem with them paying his medical bills while hes under investigation.

I do believe that law enforcement should be held to a higher standard. Breaking the law = termination.
Same here though each situation should be judged on its own merits.

I’d like to see what wasn’t reported about the situation. You know. The REAL reason why it ended up this way

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Same here though each situation should be judged on its own merits.

I’d like to see what wasn’t reported about the situation. You know. The REAL reason why it ended up this way

If I had to guess TB, I would say it was accepted behavior, and he was not the only one doing it.

GreenPig

“decided to transition into a game warden law enforcement mode”. If the idiot would've done that before he left home to commit a felony he'd never got shot.