Texas & Oklahoma Are Bullies!

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
1627503405256.png

''It moves the two schools closer to ultimately joining the SEC. When that might actually take place will depend on when/if Texas and Oklahoma are able to get out of their current television contract with the Big 12. That deal expires in 2025 and if the two schools want to exit after this coming season, it would cost each $76 million according to the Austin American-Statesman.''

WOW!!

MCBUCK

The overall effect will be a dissolution of league talent by spreading it more thinly (exception Texas). That’s why I think teams like OSU and Clemson will benefit from a NC perspective.

Have you ever been to Oklahoma? Texas?
I have. Trust me when I say neither are an appealing state to anyone from the east.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Have you ever been to Oklahoma? Texas?
I have. Trust me when I say neither are an appealing state to anyone from the east.
Been to Texas twice —Dallas and Houston. If I never go again I can’t say I’ll be disappointed. But I would like to go see some of the Texas countryside and shoot a deer over bait in a pen before I die

MCBUCK

Been to Texas twice —Dallas and Houston. If I never go again I can’t say I’ll be disappointed. But I would like to go see some of the Texas countryside and shoot a deer over bait in a pen before I die

I flew into Houston once a few years back and drove to Temple, Austin, and some other towns...it was uninteresting at best. Same goes for Wichita Falls and DFW. And while I bear no ill will towards OU, Oklahoma is even less interesting. I was stationed at Ft Sill Ok for two years; good rabbit hunting was the positive. Wind blew constantly! It was said that was because Kansas sucked, and Texas blows. The terrain in each state is featureless as a whole, with very few exceptions. The seasons are basically 11 months of August heat, and 3 weeks of spring for winter; it stays hot. People are friendly enough, and the hunting is great but unless that’s your jive, then Texas ain’t much that I could find.

Big7

The Oracle
Really need to go by the map.
If the state in question is not touching Georgia on the map, it really ain't the south east. ?

At least we get to see some corn fed- hand spanked
CHEERLEADERS. ?

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Really need to go by the map.
If the state in question is not touching Georgia on the map, it really ain't the south east. ?

At least we get to see some corn fed- hand spanked
CHEERLEADERS. ?

Them not being in the southeast bothers me too. I this was the southeastern conference. This is stupid. :crazy:

:crazy:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Weird stuff happening. I quoted you T and Big7, and responded to both. But look how it posted above. :huh::huh::huh::huh:

Here's what I was trying to post below. The text in the white box. And look how it previewed. I dunno what's going on. Oh, NO! The Russians done got to me! :bounce:

WHAT.JPG

James12

The biggest beneficiaries are those two schools and the SEC suits. The losers are the established SEC programs and our long standing fan bases.

Texas will be the biggest winner. Their recruiting will skyrocket at the expense of other SEC schools. Up til now, a 4-5 star who wanted to take his skills to the SEC had to choose to move considerably far from home, or choose A&M. Those same players, and Texas has a ton of them, can now stay and play for the preferred home team and get the SEC exposure they crave. Those few that don’t care for TU will have the option of Oklahoma. LSU, A&M, and Bama may be the biggest losers.

Good points in der