Thank you Cj Spiller!

scteenhunter13

Blog Entry on Tigernet.com by Mickey Plyler:

I just wanted to take a few moments to say thanks C.J.!

Thank you for picking Clemson over Florida, Florida State, Southern Cal and Miami. I will never forget your press conference and how you handled that day with class and dignity. I know it had to be hard to stand in front of your entire student body and say Clemson instead of Florida. It took a man to do that. It also sent the entire Tiger Nation into hysteria for the first time but definitely not the last time.

I know it had to be hard to tell your mom you were leaving home. I know it had to be hard leaving your daughter behind but she will understand one day and I know she will be proud of her father.

I also wanted to say thanks for not transferring to Florida after your freshman year. That also took a man. It had to be difficult with your family and friends tugging at you. Florida was the national champions and I understand mom wanted you home. But selfishly we wanted you here at our home.

Thanks for coming back to school for your senior year. Again that had to be hard telling your family that you had decided to turn down millions of dollars. As it turned out, we think you made the right decision but it had to be tough telling them no.

As Bob Hope used to say, “Thanks for the memories!” You have provided us with some many electric runs. There would not have been a “Thunder and Lightning” without “Lightning.” I hope you and James Davis keep your close bond that you started on your recruiting visit to Clemson.

The memories are long, like many of your touchdowns. I was there in Chestnut Hill your freshman season and about ripped my son’s arm off when you broke that swing pass and turned it into an 82-yard touchdown.

I remember your first 100-yard rushing game that freshman year when you had 127 yards against Louisiana Tech.

Thanks for your unbelievable run against Wake Forest your freshman season. Gaines Adams helped turn that game from a loss into a great win but your run was the final nail in their coffin.

Your two 50-yard touchdowns against Georgia Tech that season were things of beauty. The run you had towards the hill was a great move but the two moves you made on the swing pass might have been the best I have seen in a Clemson uniform. That was a special day that featured ESPN Game Day and all purple uniforms. You and James made us proud with your post-game interviews also.

Thanks for the great games against NC State and South Carolina that season. I was there when your sweep against NC State won the game and I don’t think anyone looked any faster than in your 80-yard touchdown against South Carolina that freshman season.

Thanks for developing into a terrific kick returner in your sophomore season. Your touchdowns against Duke and Wake Forest were great example of that world class speed. Your two road wins at NC State and Maryland were terrific efforts as well. But you saved your best for last that season. Thanks for the 83-yard run against Auburn in the Chic-fil-a Bowl. That was another one that got me out of my seat. I must admit I thought they had the angle on you but you proved me wrong.

The Alabama game was not fun but your kick return gave us some hope. I know you were surprised about the coaching change but thanks for the great finish to help Dabo get the job. Boston College had turned the game around but your kickoff return was the game winner. Also your first touchdown pass at Virginia was a key play in that road win.

Thanks for starting your senior season by returning the opening kickoff of the year for a touchdown. Thanks for the touchdown reception against Georgia Tech and the punt return against Boston College. It is hard to believe that was your first punt return for a touchdown.

Thanks for helping turn around your season. Your run against Wake Forest this year was a huge play and one that I won’t forget. Who knew it would help start this five game winning streak?

I just wanted to thank you for the school record 310 all-purpose yards against Miami. I am glad your dad was there to watch you for the first time but I could have gone to bed earlier if we did not have to meet you guys back in Clemson when the team arrived home.

Who knew the school record for all-purpose yards would last only a couple of weeks but thanks for breaking it again against Florida State. I know you are in pain but it was a terrific night thanks to your guts.

I had no idea how you would have done it again but you made history at NC State with a touchdown run, reception and pass. Thanks for making the trip to Raleigh so much fun.

Thank you for all of the hard work in the off-season. Few know how hard you have worked to prepare each Saturday. Thanks for playing through a painful injury this season. Few of us know how much pain comes with turf toe.

Thanks for the great work in track as well. Few can say they were an All-American in two sports.

Thanks for being so kind to my son Ryan. His car accident changed our lives but your kindness turned an 18-year old into a big C.J. Spiller fan. Your play on the field gave him a lot to get excited about.

We all learned so much from you. Thanks for handling everything with class. You have been the epitome of a Clemson Tiger. I hope you know you will be a Clemson Tiger for life.

I don’t know what the future has for you. I hope you can celebrate an ACC Atlantic Division title with a win over Virginia on Saturday. You deserve it.

I hope you will have a fourth terrific game against the arch rival Gamecocks next week. You deserve it.

I hope you get the ACC Championship over Georgia Tech in Tampa in a couple of weeks. Goodness gracious knows you deserve that too.

It is my hope that the Heisman voters really vote for the nation’s most outstanding football player. If they do then you will return from New York with the Heisman Trophy. You certainly deserve it.

I know your family will be proud to watch you walk across the stage and receive your degree. You have earned it.

Maybe you can give us one more great memory in the bowl game, hopefully in the Orange Bowl. I know your dad would like to see you play one more time.

Hopefully you will have a long and prosperous NFL career. I hope you will continue to find happiness after football and something tells me you will find a way to continue to encourage others even after football is over.

Don’t be a stranger. I know you will get very busy and we will make you come back when we put you in the Clemson Athletic Hall of Fame and we expect to see you in the Valley when we add your name in the Ring of Honor in that great stadium. But come back often before then.

Saturday we will say goodbye to you and all of the seniors. I can’t wait to see you at the top of the hill, but I wish it was not for the final time. About 80,000 of us will welcome you down the hill for the final time. It will be our way to say, “THANKS C.J.!!!!!!!”

:yeah:

scteenhunter13

hahaha you guys just don't understand,
spiller is the best player clemson has ever had
he should be clemson's first heisman trophy winner, but that is very doubtful of course.
hes earned the respect. hes deserved everything for what hes done for the clemson program. its not a crush, its not stalkerish, i mean come on, hes the best player in the country, how could you not want to give him all this respect.
i usually go to bed whenever i like, thanks for caring.
can't wait to whoop them tailfeathers next weekend irish!
good luck tech against uga, and we'll hopefully be ready for yall in tampa. go tigers

Marks500

hahaha you guys just don't understand,
spiller is the best player clemson has ever had
he should be clemson's first heisman trophy winner, but that is very doubtful of course.
hes earned the respect. hes deserved everything for what hes done for the clemson program. its not a crush, its not stalkerish, i mean come on, hes the best player in the country, how could you not want to give him all this respect.
i usually go to bed whenever i like, thanks for caring.
can't wait to whoop them tailfeathers next weekend irish!
good luck tech against uga, and we'll hopefully be ready for yall in tampa. go tigers

I think you Might be going a little bit to Far By saying he is the Best Player in the Country. The Boy Can Run and Play other positions but Best in the Country? Really?

scteenhunter13

I think you Might be going a little bit to Far By saying he is the Best Player in the Country. The Boy Can Run and Play other positions but Best in the Country? Really?

no doubt in my mind bo
if you don't agree, you have to admit the kid is up there with the best even with a not so great game against virginia, come on really? other than ingram and mccoy and that keneem kid, i don't know of anyone more deserving of the heisman

Quercus Alba

Good post!!!!

irishleprechaun

you're a good sport young man, nothing wrong with being a big fan of your players. Good luck in your conf championship game in a couple weeks.

scteenhunter13

you're a good sport young man, nothing wrong with being a big fan of your players. Good luck in your conf championship game in a couple weeks.

haha thank you, its bout time the clemson kid gets a little respect

Quercus Alba

HAHAHA. Yea man I sure did, then I moved to Clemson and had to leave the club. Do you hunt there? You aint Curtis' kid are you? If you're who I think you are, I think I helped you drag your first deer out the woods over at Fairfield on that little food plot. I got the picture if you don't have it. You tell Curtis to give me a holler next year, and I'll come call in a turkey for you brother.

Last edited:

scteenhunter13

HAHAHA. Yea man I sure did, then I moved to Clemson and had to leave the club. Do you hunt there? You aint Curtis' kid are you? If you're who I think you are, I think I helped you drag your first deer out the woods over at Fairfield on that little food plot. I got the picture if you don't have it. You tell Curtis to give me a holler next year, and I'll come call in a turkey for you brother.

yeah curtis is my mom's boyfriend and yeah that was me
what year are you now at clemson?
and i'll be sure to tell him that

Quercus Alba

I've got one more year after this, then off to grad school somewhere.